General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

black jack or fruit salad anyone

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 13:49

you'll have to be quick though as the pot is going down very quickly must move them or I'll have no teeth left.

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jun 2008 13:50

No thank you.I have some sour boot laces from Lidl,the red ones.

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 13:51

Fruit salad please, black jacks turn your tongue black and i am at work thank you very much Dawnie. xx

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 13:53

Sharon
never liked them lol

Teresa good job I dont work isnt it lol

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 13:54

Maz

am plodding on had bad day yesterday and head still pounding but just got to get on and do things as hubby working so cant rely on him.

d x

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 13:56

Talking of sweets does anyone remember parma voilets- i think that's what you call them- always tasted like perfume to me. LOL

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jun 2008 13:57

Just as well you don't like them.No chance of me sharing.Not my bootlaces.Oh dear no.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 13:57

Still get them didnt like them much either.

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 13:59

And the red sweets in Tootie Fruitie's always tasted like medicine? LOL Memories eh? Hope your'e feeling better soon Dawnie. x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 14:01

had a packet of tootie frooties the other day.

Thank you Teresa sure when I get to see the neurologist he will be able to sort my headaches out but seems to be taking forever for appointment to come through.

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jun 2008 14:01

Parma Violets were a funny shape weren't they? Had a frog in them like a little house brick.I would share them if I had some.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 14:04

Parma violets we had were little rounds you could get fizzy fruity ones the same shape as well.

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 14:06

I thought they were violet and very small.. am i thinking of something else then?

Hope you get to see the neurologist very soon. xxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jun 2008 14:07

Refreshers were the fizzy fruity jobs but we had the bricky Parma Violets. It was all that Fortnum and Mason stocked.hem hem.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 14:11

nooooooooooo refreshers were biger than the little fizzy ones and refreshers had a gold/silver foil wrapper under the paper wraper the others were in clear paper as were parma violets, the brick shapped ones were peps and you could get a dispenser for them

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 14:14

if you go to the website

aquarterof.co.uk

you should be able to see parma violets

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 14:14

Yes thats right, sometimes they had animal head on the top that you could pull back and a sweet came out, They were shaped like bricks. Any other old favourites that you remember ?

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 10 Jun 2008 14:17

cabanas and pacers yummy

Teresa L.A.

Teresa L.A. Report 10 Jun 2008 14:19

Dawnie just been on the website, gosh memories, Anglo Bubbly, where you could blow gigantic bubbles that stuck onto your face LOL ! Sherbet dib dabs, fizzers were the sweets that were like parma violets.

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Jun 2008 14:19

No,that was later.
I can remember having Rowntrees Butterscotch Gums at Christmas.Wish I was having some now.
Those tiny violet things were violet cashews.