General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vets

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 18:03

4 weeks ago yesterday we had to say goodbye to a much loved member of our family. Thanks to the compassion and understanding of our young vet, our last memories of Monty (15 and 1/2 yrs old pointer cross) was of him lying in the sun in his garden with the birds singing and the three people who loved him most at his side. O lord tears are here again

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jun 2008 18:04

isn't it just awful - takes such a long time to be able to talk about them without blubbing - think we've all been there and got the T-shirt!! you have my utter sympathy on this one.

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 17 Jun 2008 18:05

Oh Chria love,

Im so sorry, the tears last for a long while, dont they? We never forget them. Im so glad he had a peaceful passing,

Good to see you!!

Caz xxx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 17 Jun 2008 18:09

chris, i send you hugs
poor old monty,

its a hard time, we still talk of our molly and remember her fondly, she was such a love,
we lost her december, just before christmas,
i wish we had been given suggestion of vet coming to house cos it was hard for hubby and daughter to take her to vet,
i understand how sad you feel
hugs to you all
xx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 21:20

Our dog before Monty (16 yrs ago) wnet asleep in our lounge - think you just have to ask. One of the partners came that time - he was our vet but retired last year. Monty never even saw the vet as he slipped behind him and quickley adminstered the sedative - then left the garden out of Monty's sight saying he would come back in 10 minutes or so. Not a nice part of their job.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jun 2008 21:22

Oh god I know just how you feel. But what a lovely way for your old boy to pass. A beautiful final gift for a special friend.
xx

Pat from Wesham

Pat from Wesham Report 17 Jun 2008 21:31

Oh Chris I feel for you,
We lost our lovely Labradoodle Harvey at the beginning of March and although he was sent to sleep at the vets we where holding him and talking to him and looking right into his eyes, but it is so hard and I am in tears again now,
My Grandaughter misses him so much, the other day we where on our way home from nursery and a lady asked her if she had made the sun come out with her smile, Grace said no it was Harvey he is in heaven now.
Another old friend sadly missed.
Pat.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 21:56

when we have been out an come through garden gate - it is silly but I avoid lokking at patio doors as he used to lie there watching over his domain when we were out or weather was bad. however although our hearts break when they go - how they did enrich our lives when they were here.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 17 Jun 2008 21:56

its so sad, im sat here with tears inmy eyes now
we love our pets so much dont we

i just read pats about her grandaughters comment to that lady about the sunshine coming out,
thats so beautiful , i have to go for a wander and have bath nnow and compose myself
be back soon
hugs to you all
xx

Germaine

Germaine Report 17 Jun 2008 21:59

oh Chris I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel.
Did the vet give you the bereavement pack with the poem of Rainbow Bridge very sad but very meaningful.
Germaine
x

Huia

Huia Report 17 Jun 2008 22:02

All my sympathy. We had an elderly dog and cat (they were great friends) put down together a couple of years ago. They came to us together as pup and kitten, they left us together and are buried together in each others arms. We miss them both, the dog more than the cat as the OH used to take him for frequent walks and we have adopted a 13yo cat as her owners were going overseas, so she helps fill that gap.
Huia.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 17 Jun 2008 22:07

They all leave such big paw prints on our hearts...lost our gorgeous boy last November and I miss him still. My sympathy,

Sheila x

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 17 Jun 2008 22:08

Oh dear it is a tearful site today, what with Oz the budgie and now Monty and songs that set you off. *sobbing now* thinking of my cat, Tiger or Peeps was his nickname, seen him being born and had him for 18 years. Had to leave him at the vets and since have never been able to have another cat. Could not go through that again.......

((((hugs)))))

tina xxx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 22:10

we have the second magnet some 30 yrs ago i bought oh a plaque for his desk in work with those words and you would be surprised the number of people who tooke exception to it.

condolences to those who have lost dear 4 legged members of the family and thank you all for yours

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 17 Jun 2008 22:17

What a sad but happy thread.

We have had (and lost) lots of lovely pets. One of our 13 yr old cats had a stroke a few years back and OH took her to the vets where she was put to sleep. We were in floods: he still moans that it was on his birthday!!!

Big deal, we say!!

We have cremated pets in pine boxes in our wardrobes, pets buried in the garden, goodness knows what else. We know where each animal is, even the ones that belonged to previous owners of our house!

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 18 Jun 2008 11:17

I do so feel for you Chris. We lost our little dog in February and we still so miss her. The tears are falling as I type. But you did the best for your 4 legged friend-
Love Mary xx

Alko

Alko Report 18 Jun 2008 11:29

I feel for all of you. I lost my 4 yr old cat to luekeamia(?) and my 17 year old to my next door neighbour running him over. I now have 4 cats, 5yrs, 3yrs and 2 that are almost 2 (brother and sister). I also have a dog that is 1 on the 27th. I have pictures of the cats on my wall. How sad, i still cry xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jun 2008 15:56

Still missing Spudley after four years - can feel her at my side.

S

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 18 Jun 2008 16:23

What a sad thread has made me cry and i'm sitting
here with my dog (bruno) beside me we got him from a rescue centre about 3 years ago, i would be lost without him

julia x

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Jun 2008 17:55

Chris - really feel so sorry for you. We lost our lovely Yellow Lab last August and still miss him so terribly.
Just think they are both running around and playing, without pain.

Special Love & Cuddles to you and your family
Steph xxx