General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 1471

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 21:29

It has been cloudy and quite chilly in the breeze so I put off painting the shed. I managed to get the front section done early evening while the sun was out, so goodness knows when it will get finished :-D :-D

I was quite alarmed at the colour when I first started, but as it dried I was pleased with it :-) :-)

Apart from that, I have a lazy, boring day!! Nipped to the petrol station and the cashier is the only person that I have spoken to all day :-( :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Apr 2014 21:17

Evening YG. Ooooo no doubt they will be up bright and early :-D. Have you had a good day :-D

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 21:09

Evening LG. Pleased to hear that you all had a safe journey and arrived home safely. A long exhausting day, so you need a good night's sleep ready for all the excitement tomorrow :-) :-) :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Apr 2014 21:03

I am having internet problems again I just typed out an account of my day and lost the lot :-| :-| :-|.
I will give the abridged version. After a very early start(6.30) we have had a lovely day and are now home again. Our little travellers were absolutely brilliant as always with only one short loo stop. They spent the whole journey colouring,singing and playing I spy type games. They are now snuggled up in bed bathed and sweet smelling. I think this is probably what Grandad and I need to do soon.

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 20:44

Hi Jem :-) :-) :-) :-) <3 <3 <3 <3

No. I didn't see her. I have watching some of it, but flicking between BGT and BBC1.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend with plenty of relaxation:-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 19 Apr 2014 19:38

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3 <3 <3

Just popping in to wish my lovely Nutlodge Friends a Brilliant Weekend :-) :-)

Just watching BGT- Any of you see the candidate for Nuttership :-D :-D
...the Brilliant Lettice Rowbotham! If you missed her, see if you can watch her on plus 1! Brilliantly funny and fantastic Violinist Showperson (PC :-D)

:-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3 :-D :-) <3
:-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

YG

YG Report 19 Apr 2014 11:27

Morning everyone.

Thank you for the good wishes, EOS. I hope you have a very enjoyable, peaceful Easter.

Maz, have a good sleepover shift. Are you working again on Monday, or can you have a day of relaxation? :-)

Well done for finding the top, DET. If you are still trying to lose a bit of weight you are as well waiting for a while before looking for the main outfit. You might have lost a few more pounds by then, as long as OH doesn't keep putting cake in front of you!! :-D :-D

The family, as usual, are away for Easter, so I won't be seeing them. I am still in the doghouse anyway, so not even an Easter card from them this year :-( :-(

I am off to find the latex gloves and paint the shed while the sun is trying to shine :-D :-D

LG, if you look in, have a good time with the littlies :-) :-)

Enjoy your day everyone :-) :-)

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 19 Apr 2014 09:05

Morning all, am on a sleep over today so no transport issues today ,or tomorrow as i finish before the last bus.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Apr 2014 08:58

Morning all

Thank for the best wishes EOS, and the same to you. Have you tucked into your hotcross buns yet or are you saving yourself for the eggs.......after church of course!

YG- it sounds as if you were at sixes and sevens yesterday, but it all worked out in the end. An unexpected visit from your friend must have been very welcome :-D

Maz, it was a pity that A wasn't around to give you a lift home. After a long day, it must have felt wonderful to be chauffeured instead of waiting for a bus.

LG must be being run around in circles with her littlies. Lovely to have them and also lovely when they go home!

We went into town in the afternoon for coffee and a mouch, and managed to find a patterned top to wear to a wedding reception in May. I'll try and wait until the end of May into June before looking for an outfit for THE wedding.

Does anyone have family gathering plans for Easter Sunday?? Our 3 are off doing their own thing!!

Enjoy your day what ever you have planned :-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Apr 2014 23:51

Dear Nutlodge friends

Hello

Hope you are doing okay.

I wish you ALL a peaceful and contented Easter and
renewed hope for spring time.

Peace be with you, your families and in your homes always.

Whatever you are doing over the weekend, travel safely.

Take very gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Apr 2014 23:51

Dear Nutlodge friends

Hello

Hope you are doing okay.

May I wish you ALL a peaceful and contented Easter and
renewed hope for spring time.

Peace be with you, our family and in your homes always.

Whatever you are doing over the weekend, travel safely.

Take gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 18 Apr 2014 20:30

just got in lol it was a sunday service so had to get a taxi backa treat but expensive lol It has been lovely day here and i have been inside too

YG

YG Report 18 Apr 2014 17:48

Evening everyone. I hope you have all had a good day and that the weather has been kind to you :-) :-)

I decided to set off on the bus to go into town, but whilst waiting my friend pulled up outside my house, so I had to dash back.

It was lovely to see her again and she brought her little grandson with her and we had a good hour together playing with him. It scuppered my plans for town, so I just went to the supermarket after she left.

All in all, quite a good day :-) :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2014 10:49

Morning all - just checking in.

Strange that you had Cottage Pie last night Maz - so did we!!! Mind you, ours was topped with potato mash. Fingers crossed that your shift isn't too arduous today. They'll probably be all over you like a rash & you'll be given the third degree :-D

Enjoy your pampering session YG. A Terracotta shed? My, that is Posh!

LG hope your journey to the coast goes to plan. Lets hope that the traffic isn't too horrendous.
"Are we nearly there yet?" "I need to go to the loo!" "She hit me!!" - Ah, the memories of small back-seat passengers ;-)

Jem - any plans for a good walk this weekend?

YG

YG Report 18 Apr 2014 10:41

Morning everyone. A lovely day again :-) :-) :-) :-)

Got my hair appointment time confused so only just made it by the skin of my teeth this morning :-D :-D For some reason I thought it was 1pm, but at 8.30am I realised it was at 9am and I was still in my pjs!!

Done now, had brekkie, so off to brave the supermarket :-( :-(

Enjoy your day everyone and don't work too hard, Maz :-) :-)

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 18 Apr 2014 09:27

Morning all ,sweet potatoes are a sort of buttery parsnip root veg sort of flavour ,easy to cook they are a lot easier to mash than ordinary potatoes ,and are very versatile they roast well too
back to work today on late shift so will be heading out midmorning after doing the washing lol.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Apr 2014 09:01

Good morning one and all. Another lovely day here today :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Apr 2014 23:13

NIte nite Jem, sleep well <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 23:03

I'm sorry about that LG :-(

Your weight loss has got to be helping with your joints though! Well done again!

Well I'm off to bed now- Good Night LG. Hope you have a good night's sleep :-) <3

Good Night Nutlodgers :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Apr 2014 22:55

No I can't swim either due to other arthritic places. I also lost confidence in the water quite suddenly and for no apparent reason a few years back