General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Positive thoughts for Sara Payne.Update p.2

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2009 03:26

Sara Payne critically ill after op
Last Updated: Thursday, 24 December 2009, 22:08 GMT-

Child protection campaigner Sara Payne is critically ill after brain surgery
The mother of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne remains in a "life-threatening condition" after being rushed to hospital with complications after brain surgery.
Child protection campaigner Sara Payne, 40, fell ill on Wednesday and her condition has since worsened, sources close to her family confirmed.
Family members originally intended to keep her plight private until after the Christmas period.
Friend Michele Elliott, founder and director of campaign group Kidscape, said: "Sara is the most wonderful and indomitable person and if anyone can get through this, it's her.

"Everyone needs to pray and send their good thoughts at this difficult time. I have been in tears."
Mrs Payne had a life-saving operation to cure a ruptured aneurysm last year, friends said.
The head nurse at St George's Hospital, in Tooting, south London, where she is believed to be receiving treatment after suffering complications, was unable to confirm her condition.
Since the death of her daughter Sarah at the hands of paedophile Roy Whiting in 2000, Mrs Payne has become a prominent campaigner for victims' rights. She took up the Government-appointed post of Victims' Champion at the end of January.
Mrs Payne launched a high-profile campaign for "Sarah's Law" after her daughter's murder, giving parents the right to know if paedophiles live near them. She was given an MBE for her tireless work to keep children safe from paedophiles in the 2008 New Year Honours List.
Her daughters Charlotte, 15, and Ellie, five, are being looked after by relatives over Christmas. Her sons Lee and Luke are 22 and 21

why is it that some families always seem to draw the short straw?

I hope Sara can fight back and return to the family she cares so much for.

Lizx

Tom

Tom Report 25 Dec 2009 09:20

Is there any furthur news on this wonderful person?

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 25 Dec 2009 11:02

Sending Prayers Love And Positive Thoughts For Sara
May She Find The Strength To Pull Through
God Bless x

LindaAngela

LindaAngela Report 25 Dec 2009 11:13

Such a brave lady, positive thoughts from us.

God bless!

Linda

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 25 Dec 2009 12:25

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a very brave ladys recovery.
It brings back thoughts of my own sister who ten years ago Christmas week the same thing happened to.
Lily.

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 25 Dec 2009 12:35

yes poor family. Some people seem to suffer more than others. Hope she can pull through.

Never hear mention of her family but I remember Sarah having a brother so must be hard for him.
Thoughts are with them all

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2009 13:29

I think the whole family help her with her campaigns, she got an MBE or something not so long back, I think. News on aol says she is improving.

Hope she recovers well.

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2009 03:41

Has anyone heard anything further about this remarkable woman? Hope she is lots better now and back home with her family perhaps.

Lizx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 27 Dec 2009 15:58

i heard this on news in work xmas eve,
and felt so sad for her

i hope and pray, she makes a speedy recovery,
shes one lady you feel so sad for
i didnt know she had ellie,

i hope her 2 older boys are being cared for too, i know they are 21 and 22 but they must be worried too,
and im sure very close to their mam,
xxx for sara

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 27 Dec 2009 17:06

i have jsut seen a report on her and her sister talks of how close they are
i hope for fiona her sisters sake too as well as the kids, she pulls thru

i know whats its like watching someone suffering from brain illness like that, and hoping and willing them on, to pull thru,
whispering to them,
you dont quite believe they will leave you,
you keep telling yourself they are fighters,

for fiona i send hugs, and support
xxx

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 5 Jan 2010 18:05

I havent heard any reports on SAra Payne so I only hope no news is good news

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 5 Jan 2010 18:29

Hi Everyone found this just now and thought would add to update everyone

Sara Payne 'stable and talking'

Sara Payne was made Victims' Champion at the beginning of 2009
Child protection campaigner Sara Payne is responding well to treatment after she was taken to hospital with complications following brain surgery.

Ms Payne, 40, was taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting, south London, in a critical condition on 23 December.

A hospital spokesman said she was now in "a stable condition and improving", and a friend said she was also talking.

Ms Payne's eight-year-old daughter Sarah was kidnapped and murdered by Roy Whiting in West Sussex in 2000.

Her friend Michele Elliott, founder and director of campaign group Kidscape, said the prognosis was now looking good.

'Huge relief'

"She wasn't able to talk over Christmas but was able to respond. Now she is able to talk again and things are improving.

"It's a huge relief but knowing the kind of person Sara is, it didn't surprise me because if somebody was going to come through something like this, it would be her.

"She wants to be there for her children and she wants to be there for her charity."

Ms Payne, from Surrey, had a life-saving operation to cure a ruptured aneurysm in 2008.

She began working to protect children from paedophiles and speaking out for victims after her daughter was murdered.

'Sarah's Law'

It emerged during the case that Whiting was a serial sex offender who had also abducted and sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl five years before he killed Sarah Payne.

After Whiting was convicted and jailed for life she called on the government to change the law surrounding information about paedophiles.

The so-called "Sarah's Law" was partly inspired by Megan's Law in the United States, which was introduced after the rape and murder of seven-year-old Megan Kanka in 1994.

She was appointed an MBE for services to child protection in the 2008 New Year Honours List, and at the beginning of 2009 was made Victims' Champion - a 12-month post in which she was tasked with providing an independent public voice for victims of and witnesses to crime.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 5 Jan 2010 18:32

Thanks for letting us know how she is..

i am so pleased this brave lady is recovering..

Jane

Jane Report 5 Jan 2010 18:40

I was only wondering yesterday how she was doing as I hadn't seen anything in the news.I hope she makes a full recovery,she is quite an amazing Lady.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jan 2010 19:09

I kept meaning to look for news, so thanks for putting this on, I am glad she is doing well.

Why is it things happen to good people and rotten apples seem to go on forever!

Lizx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 5 Jan 2010 19:26

Dear All

Hello

Sending caring thoughts to Mrs Sara Payne for a speedy recovery
and her family.

Very sincere wishes
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 16:33

n

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Jan 2010 17:45

God Bless Sara.
Deanna X

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 17:52

Hope she is still improving

xx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 6 Jan 2010 18:07

Thats good news is'nt it, hope she continues to improve:o))

jude :o) x