General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

YES YES ( good morning all )

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

me

me Report 5 Jan 2010 06:25

we have snow and lots of it

Wenders

Wenders Report 5 Jan 2010 06:58

you can keep it Keith,
we have had ours here and good job its now gone
but we have got a freezing fog oh said it was -4 when he de-iced the car this morning brrrr

xx :0))

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 5 Jan 2010 06:59

Morning Keith, here too! It's been ages since the snow has been this thick! We normally miss the snow. I should imagine there are some excited children this morning.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 5 Jan 2010 07:12

I think the world has gone topsy turvy! We should have lots of snow but only have about an inch. With the balmy temperatures we are expecting today it will all be gone!

Teresa

jgee

jgee Report 5 Jan 2010 07:31

morning all...................

keep the stuff ..its white over here with frost...roll on some warm weather i say ..lol...

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 5 Jan 2010 07:31

OHH NO
ALREADY FELL OVER IN FROST YESTERDAY

Beejay

Beejay Report 5 Jan 2010 07:58

Morning all. My offer's still open, anyone who doesn't want their snow send it to me, we haven't got any yet. Plenty of frost and the sky is very red so fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone and be careful out there

Barb xx

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 Jan 2010 08:32

Good morning all, warm and windy over here.
Have just been watching Sky News and saw all the snow in Manchester.

Val in SA.

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 5 Jan 2010 08:36

Good morning All
Snowing here....... schools staying closed
bet we will come to a stand still
enjoy your day
Jenxx

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 5 Jan 2010 08:47

Lets see if you are still shouting YES YES when it's still there two weeks later with down to -16 , when most side roads including High streets haven been cleared or even gritted in most places.

Its even more fun when you are 82 yr and you fall and break your hip or you cant get out of your house to go and get presciptions or even get to the shops.

Then theres when you are worried sick about your family when they have to drive.....thats if they can get their car out in the first place.

So. enjoy your snow all those who think it's great.

To top things off, theres a story going round that parts of Scotland have been short of grit/salt because it has gone down to England.

Rant over.

Must go out and hope I dont fall.
Marion

Woody's

Woody's Report 5 Jan 2010 09:46

We've now had snow since 18th December and it's falling heavily again now. For me, the novelty has now worn off!!!
Sadly, Marion is right with the number of people falling - the A&E are full of people who have fallen and broken limbs, wrists and hips. The knock on effect of this is that non-emergency orthapedic surgery is cancelled!
Only the main roads are being gritted so that's fine once you actually get to them but our village is a nightmare! Because we're only three miles from the airport, that road's okay but those three miles can be a nightmare journey!
I think the lack of grit is actually down to a financial aspect - last year Highland spent nearly 6 million to keep the roads and pavements clear, this year they have a budget of just over 4 million. Thanks Alex, I bet your road is clear though!

Woody's

Woody's Report 5 Jan 2010 09:48

Oh - good morning, by the way!!!!

me

me Report 5 Jan 2010 12:16

morning Woody and all

Wenders

Wenders Report 5 Jan 2010 15:25

Ohhhhh sausages its your fault Keith

Thames Valley expected to get 4 inches of snow in the night

i am doing the snow dance to redirect it to you, thought we had our share already

very grumpy
Wendy

me

me Report 5 Jan 2010 15:29

PMSL WENDY

Wenders

Wenders Report 5 Jan 2010 15:34

Hi LWH ~~~~~~~~ hope you are well mate xx :0))

Keith that is sooooooooooo not funny, if we get it i have to make snow bunnies for the girls, urgggghhhh all that cold and getting wet brrrrr

Wendy

me

me Report 5 Jan 2010 15:36

sends snow to Wendy

Wenders

Wenders Report 5 Jan 2010 15:39

yes im good thanks LWH yes its suppose to come tonight

Keith im dancing like a fruit and nut case here, do not want any more snow thank you

xx:0))

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 Jan 2010 15:42

rolls keith in the snow

and puts a bowler hat on his head
a scarf round his neck and shoves
a pipe in his GOB

me

me Report 5 Jan 2010 15:43

slaps Joy
and runs