General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did I hear that right?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2010 13:00

We're due for snow in Hampshire - a potential 40 cm's worth!!!!!
That's nearly half a metre, or 16 inches in old money, on lovely icy, frost covered pavements & roads!!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2010 13:02

.......and I've got work tomorrow.......

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 5 Jan 2010 13:02

its boring now....

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2010 13:04

Agree Hayley. Especially when I get woken up by the traffic roaring along the M3 below me - only to find I can't even make it to the bus stop - even if the buses were running!

Haven't they cleared any round your way yet?

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 5 Jan 2010 13:05

ruddy birds are jumping all over me display snow tsk

LOLOLOL no one can get anywhere dont think this town owns a snow plough...and dont get me started on gritters..its still snowing so they wont grit yet..

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 5 Jan 2010 13:06

Think yourself lucky, we've had snow in Norfolk for two weeks now. OK not every day, but it's never completely melted away, and had a bit more this morning. It's stopped now, blue skies, but we know it's not for long.

I haven't been to see my mum to give her her Christmas presents yet, because of the ice and rail delays. I can't risk getting stuck there and leave my OH at home on his own overnight. We've put it off until the weather settles.

A lot up north have had it a lot worse this morning, we've only had about 1 cm in about 4 hours. But it's soooo cold I defrosted my freezer. I wrapped the food up in shopping bags and put the bags in bin liners, and stuck it outside to keep frozen lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 5 Jan 2010 13:06

You not at work Hayley?

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 5 Jan 2010 13:07

snowed in Teresa.....we too have had for the past 2 weeks it about a foot now.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 5 Jan 2010 13:16

With the slow thaw on the odd day or so we've only got a dusting left on the ground, but over that time we've probably had about a foot. too

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2010 13:47

We have been lucky here, very cold, frosty and icy but until today no snow, it is snowing hard now though

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Jan 2010 13:57

Yes Maggie it's apparently sweeping across the whole country from up north ........... Met Office have issued severe weather warnings across the board !!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 Jan 2010 13:59

UP AT TEESDALE NR US
THEY HAD 13 INCHES OVER NIGHT
OR SO THE TV HAS JUST SAID

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2010 14:04

Eeeh - us 'Soft Southerners' aren't used to it!!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Jan 2010 14:04

Radio has just said what the Midlands have been getting is due to hit the rest of the country within the next few hours :O(

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 5 Jan 2010 16:38

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Looks like you will need your snow shoes!!!

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 5 Jan 2010 16:46

No snow here but the roads leading out of Portsmouth are gridlocked. l just tried to get up to the hospital and it took me 40 minutes to do a mile so have come back home and will try again later, God what will it be like if we did have snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2010 16:46

stopped snowing here now.

Jane

Jane Report 5 Jan 2010 16:48

Its pouring with rain here in Gosport so if it does snow I doubt it will settle.

Jane

Stevie

Stevie Report 5 Jan 2010 17:12

The met have issued an extreme event weather warning for southern England. Especially for the counties in a triangular area just above Isle of Wight.

Theyre forecasting 15 to 30cms , possibly 40 cms of snow. Thats 6" to 12" possibly 16" of snow.

Also looking ahead for those of us who do get this. When it melts there'll be a risk of severe flooding.

Steve

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 5 Jan 2010 17:16

Thanks Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!