General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COLD WEATHER PAYMENT

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 00:41

Has gone into my account tonight, i am so pleased as i have been spending a fortune keeping warm this last few weeks...

jgee

jgee Report 6 Jan 2010 07:56

morning stella..

hope you feeling a lot better now.. ive been listing to news your area bad with snow you take care now... xxxx

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jan 2010 08:25

I had one go in last week and have spent it on coal to keep warm, wonder if we will get another one this week

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jan 2010 08:28

just looked on website and we are due another one so can get more coal and can stay warm

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 6 Jan 2010 10:33

Thicko here. Do we have to claim or does it just 'happen' like winter fuel payment??

LW

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 10:42

it just "happens", it goes straight into your bank account.

Some people have had 2 payments, i have only had one as yet, it depends as to how cold it has been where you live...

thanks for being concerned Joan... xx

Julia

Julia Report 6 Jan 2010 10:53

I've only had the one at present, and it was a cheque
Julia in Derbyshire

Mick from the Bush

Mick from the Bush Report 6 Jan 2010 10:55

Hmmmmmmm

I wonder if I could apply for a Hot weather payment?

xxxxxx mick

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 11:18

be careful Mick..they might send some snow to cool you down...lol

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jan 2010 12:38

if you put cold weather payment into earch engine and go to dwp site and croll down there is a bit where you can look at postcodes and how many payments they have had last one calculated up to 4th Jan so if this week carries on like this probably get another next week.

has to be 0 or below for 7 conecutive days or forecast to be that. £25 buys me 3 bag of coal with a bit left over to go on electricity/gas

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2010 12:43

It is a good scheme to ensure people don't turn their heating down because they can't afford it. Wouldn't it be nice if the utility firms reduced their rates in a prolonged cold spell, they are overcharging anyway Ia ms ure.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 6 Jan 2010 12:51

I got one last week with my jobseekers, it just went into the bank. (I claim income support for OH for his disabilities too). Due another one soon. They sent me a letter saying it is £25 will be paid for every seven consecutive days below freezing, well, we've had that since I got the last payment.

Even those unemployed have to keep warm somehow, and JSA isn't that much, so please don't begrudge us. My landlord is charging extra for putting the heating on longer, at a pound a day, so it's covered us nicely for that.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 13:05

I have just looked at the postcode guide (thankyou Dawnie) and see i am entitled to 2 payments , so will have to wait and see if the other one gets paid into my account...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2010 13:07

TW I am sure nobody begrudges anyone the cold weather payment.

Julia

Julia Report 6 Jan 2010 13:17

I have managed to bring this site up, a feet in itself for me, but do not know what I should be clicking onto. Please someone explain.
Many Thanks
Julia in Derbyshire

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 6 Jan 2010 13:27

Ann, I know, I'm sure most wouldn't, but there are still some who believe that anyone and everyone on any benefit are just scroungers and I always find myself on the defensive. So to add cold weather payments to it, puts me on my guard a little.

But I am over the moon to have received this relief, it really will help enormously.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 6 Jan 2010 13:32

My heating has been on 24/7 for about a month now.
I dread to think what the bill will be like. But then I havent been out to spend anything in the sales or even do a big shop.

Must be terrible for some who are struggling to keep warm and pay the bills.

Were not as tough as we used to be,maybe it was scaping the ice off the windows in the morning to see if it was snowing that made us tough lol

Marion

Julia

Julia Report 6 Jan 2010 13:55

You know the cheque I mentioned in my earlier post, well I have just had a look at it, and it was from British Gas, and for £20. So, I have not had a cold weather payment from the Government after all. Please will someone tell me how to access the post code part of the 'cold weather payment' site.
Many thanks
Julia in Derbyshire

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 14:08

try putting in "cold weather payment postcode" Julia

xx

Julia

Julia Report 6 Jan 2010 14:14

Thanks Stella, have tried that and nothing immediately shows where I can put my postcode in. Will have to try and play about with it.
Many Thanks
Julia in Derbyshire