General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How many of our mature ladies..

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 10:48

Used to wear a long dress to go out on a saturday night?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jan 2010 10:53

I am not admitting to this one

but i still have my maxi coat

winks

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jan 2010 10:55

Me :)) and I loved it !

xx

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 9 Jan 2010 10:56

I do not wear jeans/trousers, so wear ankle length skirts every day

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 10:59

I was only little then so I called them party dresses, my parents rarely went out but if mum was going to a doo, she would wear a long dress and always have her hair done high...lol

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jan 2010 11:00

First date with boyfriend 1974 ? long dress, black patterned with 'flames' shooting up from the hemline, and a pink crocheted shawl lol ... we went for a meal , funny what you remember :)

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jan 2010 11:22

my saturday night dress came just below my knees it was black velvet and i loved it...that was in the 60's tho'

by the time the 70's came i never went out on a Saturday night i had 3 children...lol

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2010 11:50

Yes, in the 70s it was the done think to wear a long dress (sometimes called a hostess gown would you believe) or a long skirt, if I wore a long skirt I would often wear a blouse that had a high maybe ruffled collar. It was lovely, you felt dressed up. Also the men would often wear a suit and tie.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 11:59

Blokes always wore shirts and ties on a saturday night when they were taking the mrs out and some still do.... when my sister still had the pub she asked OH amd I to work 1 sunday night as she her and BIL wanted to go out, she said Sunday nights are slow....so we did and off they went, what she failed to tell me was there had been a big Irish wedding in the area the day before, their pub was right behind the big RC church after sunday evening mass guest where they all gathered....I notices that all the women sat at one table and all the blokes at another, everyone in their sunday best, the older women never moved only to visit the ladies and drinks were brought in rounds and even then came to about £40/50, (good tippers) only men or older daughters went to the bar. All the men talked about work and all women talked about whoever wasnt there, they all drank grouse whiskey..

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 12:10

But as always, there was an Aunt or a lady I would say late 50's who drank G & T and knew how to party, all the women had stopped eyeing one and another up from the corners of their eyes, and begin to relax they always talk about the olden days, but by now the attention is firmly on the aunt who decides to either wants to dance or have sing song... I watched the older women sinking lower in their seats, when I would be collecting glasses asI was doing constantly listening to their conversation, every now and again one women would tug at my arm asking me then begging me to tell the aunt to tone it down,NO WAY she was very entertaining, the more she drank the risker her performance got, normally ending up showing her underwear and an older bloke dragging her to sit besides him... the evening ended with a couple verses of Oh danny boy and the older man would do his solo of Kathleen...the women now in tears dabbing their eyes with hankies and being comforted by various off spring and the older man being carried out shoulder high to a waiting mini bus and off they would go.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Jan 2010 13:17

I wore hotpants,,,,,:}}}

remember though older women,,
out came the ermine and mink,sparkly earings,cocktail watch for high days,visit to the hairdressers,and an evening bag,plus a stole......very glam.....

now some dont even look like they had a wash or change of all day clothes......

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 13:54

my Mum had a stole, I remeber my lovely aunt waering hotpants and my mum was outraged my aunt was in her 30's but had a fantastic figure, my mum also had a bear fur coat someone had given her I remember her wearing one new years eve, after that it spent of the tome thrown over the foot of her bed in winter.... and Kay if they were 'ard up the wore rollers for todays instead of going to the hairdressers... every saturday morning the smell of setting lotion waffing round our local shops and women appearing out of the same doorway with the chiffon hair scarfs loosely fastened round their heads... ( the said hair dressers was right across the way from the bookies much to the blokes disgust lol)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 14:12

I am in my 30's I remember all this sat in my pram watching the world go by...lol I could right abook I remeber that much BUT please dont ask me what I did yesterday...lol

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 9 Jan 2010 14:18

OH gosh yes i used to wear long dresses
if we were going to a Ladies Night
or going somewhere nice . which back in the 60s/70s
we were always going somewhere lol
Hazelx

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Jan 2010 14:20

I never thought I would see the day when an "Empress" would admit to sitting in a "Common Pram",Perhaps a Coachbuilt Silver Cross Perambulator,but never a Pram. Well you live and learn.**M**.PMSL.:o)))>

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 14:44

I bet it was sliver cross Merlin lease it dint have a sack of coal in there as well...lol

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 14:46

HB...you cant beat a desent pram even what we had for our babies....not these contraptions they push them about in now......what if there was a riot you'd never get a freezer in one of them..tsk

Annina

Annina Report 9 Jan 2010 14:47

When I were a lass,we all wore long frocks.

We called them Crinolines.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 14:50

yes they were frocks not dresses....

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Jan 2010 14:51

You could hide all sorts of things in them when you took out the bottom centre flap.( had to take the baby out first though) Very good for fetching Coke from the local gasworks though.**M**.