General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR - Writing Group

Page 6 + 1 of 106

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jan 2010 19:38

Rose,have received yours too........How true..(roots).I have none sadly but would love them lol

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 11 Jan 2010 19:42

Exactly what i said Jane...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Jan 2010 20:16

the writing Rose!!! got yours and Stella's - given me some inspiration

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 11 Jan 2010 20:20

Shall we give (gentle) criticism on this thread or by email? *tears up draft fifteen......lol.....

*.*mag*nolia*.*

*.*mag*nolia*.* Report 11 Jan 2010 20:23

Hi, sent you all my poem...but had a couple of 'failed notifications'
If you haven't received it let me know and I re post tomorrow.
Signing off now for the night....going to watch the Hustle...lol

Maggie

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 11 Jan 2010 20:25

I have done it proper now Stella lol

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 11 Jan 2010 20:41

i have it now Rach... it's really good

well done xx

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 11 Jan 2010 20:50

I'm going to be useless at the 'criticism' bit :( I think we need an outside critic lol. It is different when you sit in college and critique a famous author's work , you know it makes no odds to them what YOU think, they are already famous, lauded , quite probably deceased .

I think I can 'take it' (or maybe not :( ) , I am not sure I can 'dish it out' lol... where do we start with that?!

xx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Jan 2010 21:06

well I've done two now!!! sent them to Stella and Rose - one might make you laugh - the other might make you cry!!!!

also sent to Deanna and Jen - that's all the email addresses I have

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 21:10

Are you not sending to everyone Anne.

I have received but not checked yet if I can open, Roses, Stella's and Mags But I haven't looked as I want to send mine, if I read and they are too good I may not want to send mine Lol!!!!

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 11 Jan 2010 21:12

Ann ( in Glos) I will probably have to send you mine again, most of those I sent to originally can't open, so am re-sending let me know if you need me to do so.

xx

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 11 Jan 2010 21:13

you are right Ann.. one made me cry.....

i loved the descriptive writing in the other, the imagery was lovely

thank you for sharing

xx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Jan 2010 21:16

Panic. Am just catching up, reading emails and this.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Jan 2010 21:16

thanks Stella - appreciated!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 21:33

I am just going to check if I can open, I have sent to everyone but had Deanna's returned. Please let me know if you can't open, I forgot when I sent the attachment that not everyone has Vista.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Jan 2010 21:36

cutting and pasting and posting!!! feel like I'm doing that patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time - lovely articles so far - enjoyed them all!!!

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jan 2010 21:38

ooh 2 Anns lol.I hope I don't get confused!!
Ann GG...Loved both ....both from the heart.
Just off to read the next.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 21:49

Rose, no problem at all opening it.

Jen ~

Jen ~ Report 11 Jan 2010 21:50

Ann & Deanna, have read yours and they are brilliant, I did enjoy them. Are we supposed to comment here or reply to each individual work? I'm a little vague on that, and don't fancy reading through the whole thread again, it's all I can do to keep up with you all on here lol!
I haven't even decided what piece I shall submit yet.
One submission I could not read because windows won't open the file, so have sent reply to submitter, who will know who they are. Hope I can get to read the work.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 21:53

Jane, as long as we both use our full 'titles' you should be OK.

Have we decided how we are going to do critiques? I think it is going to be difficult. So far I have seen nothing to criticise, all praise so far!!!!

I do wish that I had been brave enough to go over the word limit though, I could have written a lot more but thought we were constrained by the 500 or thereabouts words.