General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So........

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 19:31

...does anybody on here actually HATE a person. I personally find that a strong word, and though I have been disillusioned, upset, annoyed, downright angry, wound up or hurt by others, I can honestly say I have never come to hate anybody.

I can dislike or distrust someone, that's a different kettle of fish.

No this isn't a hate thread, but it is a DEBATE discussing hate.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jan 2010 19:33

VERY close to hating one person on here for what she did to somebody I know and care about........but the rest.......nah just irritated by em at times LOL xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Jan 2010 19:33

Once you start to hate you get bitter and twisted
and boy have we seen some of that

i dont hate anybody
though there is some
i cant be bothered with and wouldnt waste my breath on replying to

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 19:34

I dont hate anyone to muster up all that energy to hate some you might as well love them, so no I dont hate anyone.... I adore lots of people on here I like many too some I can take or leave and then there is about 3 that amuse me greatly....thats nicer then hating isnt it ?

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 17 Jan 2010 19:38

im the same, hate is a strong word,

i dislike 3+1 lol but i dont hate anybody

lifes to short, iv also disliked people who i now think are ok, but saying that iiv liked people who i now dislike lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 19:38

Absolutely Hayley.

Joy, you're so right, and life is too short isn't it?

Muffy, I know how close you've come, but was that hate or just anger and hurt at the time?

I dont' think I have it in me to actually hate someone. As Hayley said, it takes up far to much energy that could be channelled into something far more useful. To hate someone, you will be brought down too. Dont' do it to yourself.

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2010 19:38

yes.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 19:39

But what a waste of emotional energy Rose. lol

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 17 Jan 2010 19:40

Nooo - far too stressful.

I tend, and I stress tend, to ignore those who really irritate me.

Otherwise, I'm happy to chat to anyone - on here and in real life!

Jill

Kay????

Kay???? Report 17 Jan 2010 19:40

oh reading Roses discript.....I may well just do that,,,,,,,:}}}}}}}}}}}

I may hate actions,,,but nah,,,,,,it aint worth my energy I'd rather use it for good.....:}}}}}

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 19:40

Rose in your shoes yes I would too....as I say I prefer the word amuse when they bore me I shut them out :)))

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jan 2010 19:40

I'm not sure TW it mostly depends on what time of the month it is !!! OLOLOLOL xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2010 19:42

energy is never wasted Teresa , it can be the spur for great things :) yes if you channel it inward it can destroy you more than the person who gave you cause to hate them... but channel that 'hate' energy you feel into making your life what theirs can never be... that is productive :)

TonyW

TonyW Report 17 Jan 2010 19:42

Cor, hate is a "strong" word.....

I know there are one or two on here who have said that they hate me. Which is fine - they don't even know me lol

As for me, I don't think I hate anybody, here or anywhere else. There are a few I dislike and a few I avoid for various reasons.

But hate? Not me.... Mr Tolerant!

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jan 2010 19:44

Can say simply no......never had any cause to hate anyone......I sometimes find people act strangely, but then who is to say that I am right and they are wrong.....

Whirley

Whirley Report 17 Jan 2010 19:44

Hate as I have always said is a strong word. When I was with my ex husband, he was without going into personal stuff., horrendous to live with, I should have hated him as I am often told by family, but I feel sorry for him. He has "issues" and unless he sorts them he will always be unhappy and lonely.

Me, I escaped from him and am the happiest I can be. No one on here I hate, some I think are a waste of energy...some spout comments and they can't back them up with any "proof", (even if you ask em too..blankl!!)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 19:44

Aww Tony hun I was only joking

♫ Go compare ....go compare ♫

TonyW

TonyW Report 17 Jan 2010 19:55

You wont get that song in my head.....

I've unfortunately got this advert constantly repeating

♫ Autoglass repair.....Autoglass replace ♫

Aaaargggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jan 2010 19:58

*trumps both of you with..........*

♫ Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust bodyform
bodyform for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ♫

Jane

Jane Report 17 Jan 2010 20:00

I think I should HATE 2 people.Not here but in my personal life.But I am unable to feel Hate.One person I blame for the death of my best friend.I actually had to go for councelling for that .The best thing I ever did.It somehow showed me that hate or anger would actually do me no good.I won't go into the second person as it is too long winded lol.
No I don't HATE anyone .I may dislike them ...then I forget about them ...they don't exist.