General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

silly question

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Feb 2010 14:35

but have any of you got your bed under your window? lol

i wana move my bedroom round....im bored with it lol

but the only other place is on the neighbours wall.......not an option lol thy slam the bedroom door

orrrrrrr under the window, but i have two windows the bed will be between the two, but over lap both, just wondered if ya felt the cold being under it, there is a raidiator that runs, right across both windows, so im thinking this might, stop me feeling the cld to much?

so has anyone else got there undert he window? xxxx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 Feb 2010 14:54

Hiya Stray, just trying to get the picture. Do you mean you are thinking of putting your bed in front of the radiator, under the windows? I am the same, I get bored easily so I moved my bed last week but couldnt sleep...feng shui and all that...so moved it back. I am under a window but never feel cold...BC XX

Carole

Carole Report 2 Feb 2010 14:59

Try buying new bedding, curtains and redecorate, put some mirrors and different pictures on walls

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 Feb 2010 15:01

Feng shui commanding position is the area further from the door / diagonally from the door, but not in line with the door. In other words, you want to be able to see the door while in bed, but not be aligned with the door.

The other feng shui criteria for a good bed placement are:
Good supporting wall behind your bed.
Grounding and balanced energy on both sides (e.g. nightstands.)
No sharp angles (from wall or furniture corners) pointing at you while you sleep.
It is always smart to position your bed away from the walls that have electric appliances on either side (the computer, the fridge, or the TV.) And, of course, it is best feng shui to limit (or completely eliminate!) the electrical appliances in your bedroom.

and a well muscled stud muffin wouldn't go amiss either:-) lolol

BC XX

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Feb 2010 15:16

oh at the moment its on the wall the door is on, soooooooo, if i put it under my window i might sleep better you think??

hi carole, not long had me bedding n decor, just sick of were me bed is, n got a new set of draws yesterday, and i dnt like them were they are lol, but to put them were i want them id have to move the bed lol xxx

LittleWhiteDove2022351

LittleWhiteDove2022351 Report 2 Feb 2010 15:21

afternoon Stray,
mmmm think your head might sweat near a radiator but then you could leave the windows open a bit to blow cool air at yourself...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a house with rooms large enough to have a move around!

We "downsized" and it is exactly that,no room to swing yer knickers round yer head in these bedrooms..lol

BC you know I don't think Feng shui was written with british homes in mind was it..
Gets big file out to round off all the corners in bedroom. buuuzzzzzzz

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Feb 2010 15:24

i dnt have them on. on a night lol, my room is big, but, because of were the door and the built in cuboard is i only have three walls i can have it, i tryed it on the neighbours wall the night i moved in and i couldnt sleep for them opening n shutting there bedroom door, lol

i think ill move it n see how it "feel" i can always move it back if i dont like it i supose, and my room is minimal, so not load of stuff to move lol

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Feb 2010 15:27

Wont the bed stop the radiator sending out its heat all round and the bedhead may get damaged too by the heat especially if its wooden it will make the wood dry out

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 2 Feb 2010 15:29

Well, if it goes under the window,make sure your curtains are thick. It's amazing the shapes you see through curtains if the lights are on lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 2 Feb 2010 15:32

Why not wait until the summer before you remove it Stray? That way you can try it out without risking any damage to the headboard, or making yourself sweat. lol

BC....lol @ stud muffin...what are you like?

Although my bedroom is a reasonable size there is really only one place we can possibly have the bed. I have two windows, on two walls, the other wall has the door. The corner between the windows suffers from damp, which my landlord insists is just condensation, so that leaves one blank wall to put the damn bed on! But it works well that way, and leaves me a gap to place my wriitng desk and chair and work comfortably.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 Feb 2010 15:41

I wish you hadn't started Stray! Have just re-moved my bed (and my bedroom is smallish) so it is now diagonally from the door, to balance my yin and yang, sooooooooooo..

it all looks a bit strange.......lolol....

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 2 Feb 2010 15:52

OMG BC, you haven't had to move the wardrobes too have you?

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 2 Feb 2010 16:08

TW, why do you need a wok in your bedroom??? Does this balance yin and yan, or is it to bash hubby instead of using the old fashioned frying pan???

*changes Tena*

Love

Daff xxxx

Edit.... I can't move the bedroom around at all... we have a superking sized bed, and had to knock the en-suite out to get it into the room in the first place... to put it anywhere else we would need to knock more walls down.....

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 Feb 2010 16:18

Daff, Daff, it has to be a 'comfortable wok' doncha know...pmsl.....

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 2 Feb 2010 16:21

Do you reckon it's a display one? Nah... our TW would never catch that habit from our Hayley, would she????

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 Feb 2010 16:26

*frets.....have found myself eyeing these display pillows, they are bright pink with diamonds on em!!! Helppppppp!!! LOL

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 2 Feb 2010 16:32

PMSL... well spotted Daff, changed it now lol

It's the reply box, once my reply goes below the bottom line, it starts jumping all over the place and I can't see what I type grrrr.

No display anything for me, I don't have anything I'm not going to use lol

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 Feb 2010 16:39

heaven forbid dont put the bed on the wall next to your neighbors
i would leave it where it is

you dont want listen to Dee and Kenny at it all night
the sound of the creaking bones etc

doesn't bear think off

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 2 Feb 2010 16:47

We have our bed in the bay window in front of a radiator.

We don't have the rad on much in that room anyhow so that doesn't affect us and I've never noticed a draft or anything..

I have very dramatic *display*drapes around the alcove the bed is in... but no curtains...only blinds.

Go for it and see how you get on !! xx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Feb 2010 17:17

well 2 hours later, and its infront the wndows, it looks ok, but, my room looks smaller now :(

babyS was so funny, i put it in the middle of the room facing away from the telly, and he sd i like this mam but can ya move the telly, so we can see it, he looks disopointed when i said it wasnt staying in the middle haha

my bed is a metal framed one, and i havent put it right against the radiators, plus i dont have then on on a night lol,

the good thing is my dreamcatcher looks miles better inbetween the curtains, instead of in the middle of a big wall haha xxxx