General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

group hug

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 15:22

for those that are ill, i realise how hard it can be day to day so i hope a few will join or even chat about yourself or someone you know or are caring for, im classed as chronicly ill with fibro and ms specky has ongoing problems with stenosis and muscle wastage in his legs and is often in a lot off pain, natalie my daughter possibly has fibro too however we are all ver happy and loved even my podles im in love with them too lol, when i used to post before i got ver friendly with loads of people who were unwell dont know if they are still here xxx puss xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:07

i also find some off the painkillers i take stem your appertite especially tramodol but dont appear to have lost any weight but i think ive changes shape , prob middle aged spread xx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Feb 2010 16:20

I know a lot of members that don't put their ailments on the boards and I appreciate why, still they get one to one support off the boards.

Me, well everyone pretty knows what is wrong with me (and Caroline) and yes I am in constant pain but I much prefer it when they all take the pee out of me on the boards cos it makes me laugh!!!!!!

Sue x

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Feb 2010 16:31

No Mac, I'll have the left when it's going :-)))

xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:32

lol its ok geezer think mine are fine x

hi sue yes agree i could do that but finding it a bit hard at the moment , there is so much going pain wise in places that i would never of dreamed of getting, im at that stage where i can discuss it and here for anyone who wants too, hope caroline is ok and thanks for the emails. xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:35

old geezer my friend needs 2 or 1 good one shall i send you a stamped addressed envelope..................hope also people can see that i do want this to be a fred where we can have fun too xx

i really accept people wanting to remain private too and hope your all ok xxxx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:58

lol xx hope you will be ok keep us informed xx

jgee

jgee Report 7 Feb 2010 17:09

hi puss.....pain all day me lol ..

know how you feel mac ..

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 17:17

sorry to hear that mac , wonder if these consultants were to go thro whatwe do would they come out with the same plan, specky was expecting to go in for a op on his spine, he nearly cries with pain, but doc said see how things are in 6 months !!
hiya jgee, it gets you down dont it , do you manage to get some sleep at night ? xx

jgee

jgee Report 7 Feb 2010 17:23

not a lot puss.. couple of hours...do get a nap in day if i can lol

yes it gets me down with all my complaints ...but still theres got to be a lot worse ..just wish i could walk ..lol

me

me Report 7 Feb 2010 17:25

i hate taking tramodol i like my food to much

Whirley

Whirley Report 7 Feb 2010 17:29

Puss I was on Tramodol recently, it made me really. really drowsy, I could take a dose now and the effects would last until this time tomorrow............and driving was a def no no..I had to stop taking it in the end..

me

me Report 7 Feb 2010 17:35

Puss can i ask how many Tramodol you take per day ?

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 18:01

jg i know exactly how you feel honest im so lucky with my concoction i do ususally get some good sleep, have you ever tried slow release morphine even at 10mg it works for 12 hours , ive been using 3 yrs and still haven needed to take more, or asking doc for a sleeper i know a lot of people wouldn opt for either but i find the quality off sleep i get outways the down side to the luckily they have suited me , apparently when we have some good sleep it helps with coping with the pain next day most time true but still have some bad days xxxxx hope you manage some tonight really do xx
whirley yes tramodol are very strong, i find the drowsiness off them and side affects worse than the morphine, i can take 2 of them and im out for hours where morphine takes the pain but im awake weird xxxhope your not regulary in painxxxx
hiya hoff i heard you had been really ill im so glad your getting better that must of been awfull, did you have any warning, you looked so well in your skirt would love another meet you any ideas when id like to meet srs too we only said good bye last time , i take between 8 to ten a day most days and have no appertiite what so ever apart from choccies xxxxx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Feb 2010 18:18

Tramadol only really work for me if they stick Diazepam with them! I can take them on a regular basis and they have no effect on my brain..lol and only just take the edge off the pain. Co-codamol works better most of the time.

For a topical linament try Chinese Wood Lock, it stinks but works and you can keep applying it when necessary. Clears your sinuses a treat too.

Whirley

Whirley Report 7 Feb 2010 18:27

Puss ~~~~~~~~~to Sue. I had sciatica, nothing compared to what you guys have in ya life and I feel a fraud for posting tbh cos in comparison what I had is insignificant..., but just wanted to comment abt Tramodol...

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 18:29

i find that too sueping , it seems no point taking them some days but if left without them over a day or two i know about it,ive got shooting pains in my heel at the mo, that nothing is working so staying off it for as long as i can, wish me doggies could do walkies on there own but i like the break and fresh air xx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Feb 2010 18:30

~~~~~~~~~to our Whirls :-))

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 18:30

whirley ya daft thing your pain is no smaller its pain and you have it ok and its ruddy nasty, has it gone or is it recurrent xxx

Whirley

Whirley Report 7 Feb 2010 18:38

~~~~~~~~~back madly to Sue (gives crutch a good kick at same time) lol

Puss, I had the sciatica, (well it came), a couple of weeks before xmas, i went to a local Osteopath (my OH had been to him too before) and he is GOD in my world.. I had exercises to do which were painful and i hated every minute of doing them but I had to do them in order to sort out the sciatica..and it did work...................