General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Everybody Hurts.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 20:36

Wow, just seen the new video put together by Simon Cowell for the Haiti fund. The song, Everybody Hurts, which is one of my all time favourites anyway, sung by various stars. Put the words with the powerful images from the aftermath of the earthquake, and it blows your mind. I cried all the way through it.

Anyone else see it? If not, look out for it.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 7 Feb 2010 20:37

emotional wasnt it hun, i just seen it too xxxx

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 20:38

My OH heard which song it was this morning and thought it was the wrong one for this. I think Cowell got it spot on.

Uggers

Uggers Report 7 Feb 2010 20:43

Not seen it and don't want to cos I'm really cross about it:)

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 20:47

Why Uggers?

Jane

Jane Report 7 Feb 2010 20:48

I was just about to ask the same question Teresa

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 20:50

Hurry up, I want a bath before Dancing on Ice results lol

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Feb 2010 20:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FEDNAqmmI

Uggers

Uggers Report 7 Feb 2010 20:52

Oh sorry :) Well not properly cross obviously, just irritated. Why did they have to make such a bad cover (have you heard Robbie Williams' terrible singing in it??) of such a good song when they could have just given far more than they will ever raise between them? Publicity that's why.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Feb 2010 20:54

I agree with you Uggers I cant stand the song and its been tagged on too almost every video ever made for charity.

Uggers

Uggers Report 7 Feb 2010 20:55

All the ones Coldplay isn't used for anyway, Hayley lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 20:56

That's true Uggers, but ultimately, it will raise much needed funds, and we dont know they haven't given their money too.

It's a very emotive song Hayley, that's why.

Uggers

Uggers Report 7 Feb 2010 21:01

Teresa but how much more powerful would it have been if SImon Cowell had said he was going to give x amount and was going to ask every overpaid footballer to do the same and every bod who got paid x amount to go in Celebrity Big Brother and so on and so on - that would have been a much more impressive act, raised much more revenue for Haiti and been a better message for the world at large instead of mullering an REM tune and drawing in gullible starstruck kids and guilty adults

*breathes out*

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Feb 2010 21:03

now now Uggers that wouldnt tug on Joe public heart strings now would it without a overplayed soppy song.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 21:07

Glad you breathed out then you were going a peculiar shade of blue and I was having visions of having to do CPR on you.

Yes in an ideal world, it would have happened, but maybe this is a way of getting those starstruck kids to dip in their own pockets and buy, thus donating AND getting something for it.

AND...as I said earlier, we don't know which famous bod has given or not given, or how much, or how quickly, or under what prompting if any. Most of us would only need to see those images, without the song, to dip our hands in our pockets. Who are we to say that the rich and famous haven't been affected in the same way at the sight of those children and broken people? Just because they've volunteered to help make a record however badly, to help raise money, doesn't meant they haven't already given....

Apologies for any spellign mistakes, I can't see what I'm typing here...the screen's gone wrong.

Uggers

Uggers Report 7 Feb 2010 21:09

Shall we do a grown up agree to differ, Teresa:))))

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 21:10

Grown up? Hmmm let me think about that. LOL

Of course, best course of action for any civilised human being in my book!

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 21:12

I still think the images with the words of the song make a pretty compelling appeal.

Orf for me shower now....

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Feb 2010 21:16

I sorry if I sound insensitive but I do thing the charity song has been done to dealth , dont forget to wash behind your ears now....lol

Lightning

Lightning Report 7 Feb 2010 21:22

It sort of grows on you .....The more I hear it...... The more I like it...... You do have a choice ..... buy it or not.....Its up to you.....