General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looks like GR have?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:01

Looks like GR have changed the bright background on the boards it's only a small change but it's worked for me

I can see the text without being blinded :-D

Thanks GR ;-)

Roy :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Aug 2012 17:04

Really? It doesn't look any different to me. To you it looks as though they have reduced the glare does it?

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2012 17:06

err nope, no change here, not since this morning anyway.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Aug 2012 17:07

Thank goodness Rose I thought it was me, still hurting my eyes, makes me feel nauseous if I stay on too long.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:08

Yes Ann, I just noticed because i had my brightness turned down on my PC and it looked very dark so i turned it back up to maximum and find it doesn't blind me anymore

Roy

It's still bright but not affecting me now

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 2 Aug 2012 17:10

l think it has altered a wee bit, if you compare it to all the the bits on the left and this box for posting:))

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:12

It looks like a very slight grayish tint

Roy

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2012 17:15

I still have it on 125% to be able to read the text, and the green is still fading into oblivion, so unless it's a very minor change it's not showing on mine.... unless you've logged out and back in ? :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Aug 2012 17:17

I toned down my screen last night and it made some difference and now looks like GR have done a pale wash over so it looking good for me.so my screen res can stop as it is,,... as its not affecting the colours on any other site......

I have now a pale greenish blue hues,apple green in emultion colours.... ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D.

The teal needs getting rid or enlarged in text as its swamped by the black around it....

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:17

I never logged out and in again but i have closed my browser and had PC on standby

Roy

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Aug 2012 17:18

Looking closely at the screen, I think the outer pannel where the word Community is outside the panels now has a very very faint bluey green tint, I can see that the pannels down the side are brighter than here in the thread but it is still bright to me and I have my brightness turned down.

Roy what browser are you on?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:22

I have windows 7 and still use IE7 in compatible view with zoom at 100%

Roy

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2012 17:28

Ann that's where I can see a difference too...it is more noticeable if you go to the home page...but that isn't much help with the actual 'posting area' ...and the text is still too small at 100%

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2012 17:29

oh and the turquoise is still useless lol,

Barry_

Barry_ Report 2 Aug 2012 17:30

I think it's a little less harsh, but early days for me as I have just switched on.

I have also received e-mail momentarily from GR noting "We've had a makeover!" and this includes the good news....

"... the first of many exciting changes we have planned over the next few weeks."

Can't Wait!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Aug 2012 17:37

Roy I have firefox and Windows 7.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:43

I don't no anything about firefox, I know IE has its problems but it's what i like and understand so i tend to stick with it although at some point i will have to update to IE9 i prefer IE7 and will stick with that for now,

The glare has definatly gone for me,

you could Try the bog standard log out and clear your cache then see what happens

Roy

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Aug 2012 17:45

Give GR time to try and remedy things its only day 2,and things need a little something here and there is get it as near good for everyones use,

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Aug 2012 17:55

Kay, I noted the changes to the beta site whilst i was sending feedback and they did change parts of that in the short time it was being beta tested i have no doubt that GR are trying their best to make the site user friendly

My observations today and when they were beta testing is proof to me that they are listening and trying

Roy

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2012 17:55

I'll look in from time to time and see what happens, I'm perfectly happy to give GR plenty of time to tinker :-D

In the meantime as there are some clever people here, does anyone know why I keep getting a drop down message at top " To help protect your security IE blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options" It's only happening on here.