General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IS THERE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT ???

Page 2 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 10 Oct 2012 22:00

You can use it to make a fine mushroom ketchup sauce which consists of um mushroom ketchup.
Joking aside, use it with mixed herbs and proper mayo to make a dressing for beef

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Oct 2012 22:04

I use it a bit like Worcester sauce. Shake a bit in whatever I am concocting at the time.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Oct 2012 22:18

Any good recipes for mushy peas?.... a base for soups or casseroles, I guess.

4p a tin in Aldi today, when I popped in for greens for daughter's rabbit.

Gwyn

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Oct 2012 22:32

Mashed potato,mix in a green Oxo, grated cheese (rinds,bits,what is hanging about), maybe a bit of mustard, chopped onion if there is one hanging about,tin of mushies or processed. Bit more grated cheese on top. In the oven for a bit.

It will go to make a tu................

Huia

Huia Report 10 Oct 2012 22:34

Sharron, what is a tu..............?

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Oct 2012 22:44

Don't ask but it is something Jim Royle said.

Island

Island Report 10 Oct 2012 22:45

Mushy peas Gwyn? A delicacy to be savoured in their own right:-D. So many places get mushy peas so wrong, sacrilege.I say :-0
Sadly, there is not an Aldi close enough for me,

JD Jill, I wondered why someone would have a dried up bit of bacon lurking in the fridge :-0 and in my minds eye it had some fluff on it too :-D Dirty cat LOL

Wend...you know I'm a domestic goddess :-D :-D I might crochet a rasher for Merlin instead :-D