General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've been RR'd

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 17 Nov 2012 20:16

Deep joy I have joined the club.

It was on the Ancestry BS thread

All I did was post ANCESTRY instead of A******y

Yippeeeee ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Nov 2012 20:18

I wondered what you'd said lol :-D Congratulations!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Nov 2012 20:20

may I add my congratulations as well :-D :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 Nov 2012 20:23

Congraulations and a big Welcome to the club.... :-D :-D ;-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 17 Nov 2012 20:26

Congratulations Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back, I often say Ancestry but so far no luck I'm afraid :-(

Pssssssst I've been known to say Vaseline before, But that's a secret so keep it under your hat, nudge nudge wink wink ;-)

Roy:-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 17 Nov 2012 20:29

Problem is that rr's appear to be dealt with in a completely haphazard way. I often get them, probably because of my sunny nature and deep unpopularity. Sometimes I look at what I have written and think "that is ok" and the rr is then upheld. Sometimes I think "yes, I have gone beyond" and it is quashed and reinstated. No logic that I can see.

It is clear that writing "Ancestry" or "ANCESTRY" is ok. But saying "Ancestry is better than Genes" is not allowed. And saying "Genes is better than Ancestry" would not be correct either :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 17 Nov 2012 21:23

:-S :-S

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 17 Nov 2012 21:26

Mau :-S

What? Who? When? Why? Confused of Pontypandy.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 17 Nov 2012 21:29

Congrats.......another one in the RR club....... :-D

Island

Island Report 17 Nov 2012 21:46

High Fives PP *pats RR club sofa* Welcome :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Nov 2012 00:17

i started the club,and you are quite welcome to join,just sign your name. and join our elite club. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Huia

Huia Report 18 Nov 2012 03:28

I have never been RRed :-( I wonder what I can say to join the club? Vaseline? Ancestry? Waikikamukau? But would anybody dare to RR an angel? Perhaps somebody will object to my near-bald head!

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Nov 2012 08:16

I found out I had been RRd about a week after the event. Looking through the terms and conditions, I couldn't see one I had breached.

However, I had stated an opinion that differed from those stated in the red topped newspapers.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2012 08:29

Just heard on the news that the front pages of the red tops are full this morning of "I think I'm a celebrity" and "One Direction". Nothing about Gaza, Spanish floods, hate clerics not happy with their luxurious living conditions in UK, police elections etc.

It is quite obvious how we should select people for any political position in the future. Send the applicants on some form of outward bound with lots of cameras and lots of analysis of behaviour. And positively discriminate towards anybody under 24 who can sing a bit and play an instrument.

Sorry, Huia. You are just too nice to be rr'd. I have become the champion of being rr'd in only 4 months on boards but I am not nice. I am definitely slugs and snails and puppy dog's tails :-D :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 18 Nov 2012 12:04

I wonder if I offended someone as I was trying to make a point about not using *** when mentioning other companies.

All I did was put

ANCESTRY ANCESTRY

and another single line of comment which for the life of me I cannot remember it was so enlightening!

Will break open a couple of bottles of bubbly so we can celebrate together hic hic, oops all gone.... :-D

Julia

Julia Report 18 Nov 2012 12:15

Afternoon Piglets Pal, and congratulations. You are now a member of this exclusive club.
However, you have a way to go yet, to be a Gold Medalist, like some of us are.LOLOL

Keep working at it.

Julia in Derbyshire

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 18 Nov 2012 12:25

I saw your post PP and I agree with what you've just said. I think someone thought you were shouting and telling off for not saying Ancestry rather than you actually getting RR'd for using the word.

Are you the second to be RR'd this last few days? Malcolm got it for using the full version of BS.

I'm putting a Stella Pear Cidre in the fridge for later. If I remember, I'll think of you when I open it :-D

Ah. Do you suppose it's alright to say Stella Pear Cidre?

Hope so because it's lovely.

xJ

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 18 Nov 2012 12:27

Julia. You pressed the button twice.

You have duplicated. Someone delete this woman :-D

I need to be RR'd for duplicating :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Nov 2012 12:32

Congrats PP and welcome, I am also a proud member
of this elite club :-D

Emma

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 18 Nov 2012 12:41

OOH Stella Pear Cidre - my fav drink of all time ... can I have a little sip?