General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what a name to give a baby!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Nov 2012 16:27

By Kim Hookem-Smith | Yahoo Lifestyle – 3 hours ago
Do you love Twitter enough to pay tribute to it with your baby’s name?

Well that’s just what proud new parents the Jamesons have reportedly done. The pair announced the arrival of their baby daughter ‘Hashtag’ on social networking site Facebook, despite their clear nod to the other social media giant – Twitter.

A picture of the baby girl was uploaded to Facebook with the caption: "Hashtag Jameson was born at 10oclock last night. She weys (sic) 8pounds and I luv (sic) her so much!!!!"
Baby Hashtag's birth was announced on Facebook ©Facebook

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 28 Nov 2012 16:47

Poor child.

Jean xx :-)

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 28 Nov 2012 16:55

Ann ..............You can not be serious! :-S

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Nov 2012 16:58

a few years back there was a birth in the announcements - a little boy named Deckland - presumably the parents thought that's how you spell Declan :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2012 16:58

Really????

welshbird201

welshbird201 Report 28 Nov 2012 18:18

That's almost child abuse. I don't think people should be allowed to register silly names.

Welshbird x

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 28 Nov 2012 18:20

It may just have been a nickname they gave to the *bump* without any intention of using it as the baby's actual name....at least i hope that's the case anyhow :-S

welshbird201

welshbird201 Report 28 Nov 2012 18:23

One can only hope Muffy.

Welsbird x

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 28 Nov 2012 19:31

Absolutely stupid.

Think of being the Nan and calling him in the playground. Hashtag poppet come to nanny. OMG

I might have said before about the young mum who called her baby Silver.

The surname is Smith. OMG

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Nov 2012 19:37

Seemingly 'normal' names can prove an embarrasment when coupled with the surname.
I've seen both Wayne Kerr and Wayne King given as names.

One one of the registers for a course we run, the surnames ran (in alphabetical order):
Big
King
Lord
Nobbs :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Nov 2012 19:49

or Michael Hunt, a nurse I worked with at our local hospital ;-)

this'll probably get reported but it's true - someone was looking for this guy and he walked past our office window so I said to the office in general, "who was looking for Mike Hunt, he just went past the window?" to which some wag replied - "Well I've heard of throwing your voice, but that's just plain ridiculous"

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Nov 2012 20:09

:-D Ann!!

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 28 Nov 2012 20:12

Brilliant, just choked on my chocolate.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 28 Nov 2012 20:29

My granddaughter is almost 8 months pregnant with girl no 4...youngest is 6 so quite a gap....nearly choked when the children said princess might be born at Christmas.

I said to my daughter( grandma) they're not calling her princess are they?
She said Oh yes...I do hope they were joking!!!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 28 Nov 2012 21:53

AnnC :-D :-D :-D Lots of hail Mary's this week :-D

One of my OH's g g g grandfathers was Methusaleh Williams. He only lived to 77 though :-(

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 28 Nov 2012 23:07

I know of a very blond little girl called Ebony, another called Amba, one called LE and a small boy called Denim. We also have a friend called Robert Sole. M

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Nov 2012 23:11

Lots of "New Agers" live near us, some of their children have unusual names!

One pair called their son Tsunami............. another lot named their daughter Ocean......... I hope those two don't get together when they grow up.

:-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Nov 2012 23:12

Robert Sole - nasty!!!! we wound one of our physio's up one day, told him to go and call Mr R Sole to come in to be seen!! wasn't till he shouted it out that he realised what we'd done!!!

like I was left a note on my desk to ring Mr Hugh Jarse - I did it as well!!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 28 Nov 2012 23:29

Richard Head (always Richard for short) was a colleague of mine once. And there was a trainee manager in Brixton Tesco called Mr Pollock. The Manager (a rough diamond) continually shouted across the store on the Tannoy for Mr B...k to come to the office :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Nov 2012 23:36

Double whammy was a Richard Coxhead :-0