General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Diary for GR chat

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 3 Dec 2012 11:21

Especially for Dizzi when she returns to the boards, so that she is brought up to speed Quickly.

I do ask that no one tries to turn it as would like it to be fun.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 11:33

WE HAVE REALLY MISSED YOU AND THE MOST POPULAR THREAD HAS BEEN CAROL'S EVER SINCE YOU WENT INTO HOSPITAL.

CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO POST AGAIN :-D :-D <3

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 3 Dec 2012 11:44

Dear Gwen

I am sure you would like to know that I have a cold.

Now, I am not saying that you should worry unduly about me, but as you have nothing better to do than lay about doing nothing, a few thoughts my way wouldn't go amiss.

:-D

Susanwiv

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 3 Dec 2012 12:13

Hi Dizzi

So glad to hear you are getting btter and once we have got Christmas over will meet and have a nice long chat like we have been trying to do for along time <3

Hazelx

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Dec 2012 12:25

Oh Dizzi... you owe me a hair colour, very inconsiderate of you being proper poorly!
I don't post often but a Diz Diary is too tempting. The sooner you're back the better & I'm really looking forward to your phone call when you see how massive your Get Well thread is.
:-0
We will still meet after Xmas...but when you're 100% Diztastic!

xxxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 3 Dec 2012 12:26

Hello Dizzi....l did try a magic spell for you "Izzi Wizzi lets get Bizzi and make our Dizzi well".......maybe it worked after all:)

You are so missed on here, get well soon and get back to posting your funny but lovely posts:)

Love jude and the mad thing........ Madoc xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2012 12:26

Dear Dizzi, It's a good idea of yours to be lying in bed safe while all those rampant spenders descend on the shops with their trolleys and their various germs ( cough cough), by the time you are up and about doing it yourself they may just have finished :-)

My tree is up and looks quite pretty, but the rest of the house looks like a bomb has hit it. Next week is eventful, all being well, I will be attending my first 'parents evening' in 10 years, and on Thursday "The Hobbit " opens at the cinema :-D :-D

As far as the board goes, "Same as it ever was"....that's a line from a song but I can't remember which, so while you are lying there resting please give some thought as to who the singer was...before it drives me mad!

Take care, love from me and Dan,
Rose xx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 12:33

Day One :-0 :-0 :-0:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Day Two :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Day Three :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Day Four :-)
Day Five :-) :-) :-) :-) :-P :-P
Day Six :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Day Seven :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hopefully plenty of :-D :-D :-D and :-P :-P and <3 <3 <3 <3 to follow

And some DIZZItations for us to enjoy soon (dissertations) ;-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 3 Dec 2012 12:42

"Talking heads" Rose :-)

Glad you're getting better day by day Dizzi....and don't have to face the Christmas food shop, hordes of frenzied shoppers and icy roads......snuggle down and look forward to a happy restful Christmas :-D

Mau xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 13:49

Hi Dizzi,

We were away at the weekend in Milton Keynes looking after the Grandchildren while parents were away. well they actually look after themselves mainly but someone needs to be there to feed them.

We have just got home, huge hold up on the A34 due to an accident (I think) on the M25 and trucks diverted along the A34, never seen so much traffic on that road, it certainly slowed us down. We then stopped at Burford Garden Centre where I managed to spend a few pounds without really trying. No more trips away now until Christmas.

It has turned milder out now but damp, while you have been away with the fairies we have had floods and then hard frosts and it was really cold over the weekend so you were in the warmest place.

Looking forward to seeing your capitals back on the board.

:-) :-D <3 <3 <3

Merlin

Merlin Report 3 Dec 2012 14:35

Dizzi, Keep out of Damp Caravans and concentrate more on Bacon and Chip Butties,**M**. :-D :-D

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 3 Dec 2012 14:59

Hi DiZZi,

There's a Thread on here about Charity shops !!

Now I know you would have loved to have participated ( your favourite subject) ......but you weren't HERE !! .. :-S I missed all your interesting answers about all your finds in the charity Shops.all your books that you have been so proud to have found.. :-)

Anyway we really do miss you.....

So get back HERE as soon as possible, but make sure your 100% better first !

Marilyn x :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 3 Dec 2012 15:08

I dont know you personally Dizzi But I have really missed your daily ups and downs and you very often bring a smile to my face. Get well soon pet and hurry back to us.Best wishes for Christmas and a speedy recovery. <3 <3 <3

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Dec 2012 16:54

Hello Dizzi hope you are feeling a bit better today. Hurry up and get back on here, you are missed! Well that's enough about youI...lol.... was down Oxford Street the other day just when it was getting dark and it was really quite magical. The lights blazed from every shop, even the shoppers seemed to be in mellow mood. Oh yes and today my M & S were giving out chocolates so I managed to pass by a few times, casual like. Definitely a Christmas mood is creeping up on Londoners...lol....

My dog is still leaking occasionally and the dog nappies were a total waste of money and I have the scars to show for it. So I just keep scrubbing her bed with that stuff I bought on Amazon called **ss Off and it seems to be working.

My Singing Group will be singing carols in a famous main line station in two weeks and if I keep off the fags I may get to do a solo in a Latin hymn...Gaudete......*cough splutter..... :-D

That's it for now...am exhausted from typing. Haven't typed this much for ages. Bye for now. BC XX

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 3 Dec 2012 17:03

LOLOLOLOL BC

move over....enough about you :-D

I have been training my dogs agility Gwen and am fair worn out so I have to write in dribs and drabs......more drabs really

Unlike BC, I am on a diet and chocolates are out.....The problem is I keep buying cook books and watching Jamie Oliver whilst munching on Rivita......I think I may be fading awayyyyyyyyyyyyy........My dreams are of food......I have cake mixtures ready to mix and cook......Oh woe is me.

anyway, enough of this......I have just spied the dogs dinner and it looks better than my stick of celery.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 3 Dec 2012 17:06

Hello Dizzi When I joined GR in October I really looked forward to your early morning postings, I do sincerely hope that you will soon be fully recovered and back on the boards again. :-D :-D

kandj

kandj Report 3 Dec 2012 17:22

Don't know you personally Dizzi, but have always been drawn to your CAPITAL threads........ always amusing and great to follow.
You are missing all the cold frosty mornings and downpours around and about. Keep warm and get well soon so that you will be writing "I'M BACK!!!" in no time at all. Carry on the good work Dizzi, you have so many folk missing you a lot! xx

Cooper

Cooper Report 3 Dec 2012 18:05

Hi Dizzi,

There is a new Royal baby on the way :-D. My Sons footy team lost 3-0 yesterday but I had a nice gossip with the other Mums to pass the the time :-D

Sausage casserole for tea tonight and Yorkshire puds :-D :-D :-D

Teresa

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 3 Dec 2012 21:08

Hi Dizzi,

Don't know you personally but I always look out for your threads as they make me smile and always give me a bit of a lift.

OH and I have spent the last 10 minutes wrestling an angry cat who has to have ointment put in her eye and we have to go through this performance 3 times a day. I bet you would make a really funny little story out of that.

Going to see eldest granddaughter (15) play Peter Pan in her school production on Friday.

Carry on getting better day by day and get back on the boards soon.

Vera

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 23:31

Have just written to Allan in Australia about the vertical hold of our respective TVs.

You're missing all of this excitement. Keep getting better and have a restful week.

:-D :-D