General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What meat are you having this Festive Season?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 14 Dec 2012 00:36

mrdaff, treat yourself to a halogen oven. you can cook a full chicken, plus many other things. have never used my main oven since getting mine.

Merlin

Merlin Report 13 Dec 2012 14:00

Her,m Milady Hayley surely not, I would have thought that some one of your illustrious position would have had "Faggots" with the said Mushy Peas, ( Or Grey Farters as My grandma used to call them) :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Dec 2012 12:04

Blinky heck Mr Daff,,,,,,,,,whats going to happen to the left overs..

You'll be putting on stones.. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Dec 2012 11:24

:-D :-D not to worry i have an annoying pigeon sits on my chimney, im sure i can arrange for stray to "catch it" for you,

"frets" i hope your lot arnt to hungry :-P

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 13 Dec 2012 11:13

Stray, sshhhh ! Anyway, after the washer, the fridge, freezer, microwave and cooker all went, too :-|
All replaced except cooker - got a small m/wave sized one instead; was thinking of an Ostrich leg for 'the day', but it won't fit :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Dec 2012 11:05

i do hope your not cooking MrDaff, i mean the trouble you had with the washer, you should stay clear of the oven, its burny hot lol,
;-)

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 13 Dec 2012 10:42

It's a 'family gathering' this year, so Turkey, Duck, Pork, Gammon, Boar and Reindeer on the menu - could be gastronomic mayhem ! :-D

Jean

Jean Report 13 Dec 2012 00:07

have a big leg of a sheep and a nice peice of cow in the freezer. will ask the other 3 diners to choose what they would like. i like pig, but others dont...bet they wouldnt know the difference if it was served up, with a bit a gravy on it.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 12 Dec 2012 00:12

We won't be spending Christmas in the desert this year (thank God) so no roast camel for us - we'll be having a traditional roast turkey dinner in the UK - yay, whoop whoop!!!!! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Dec 2012 00:05

I was contemplating lamb, but, Mr Daff you've tickled my tastebuds.
I often get wild boar & venison offal from a local stallholder - I may throw caution to the wind and see what he has in the way of joints tomorrow :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2012 23:43

Yes, buffalo & crocodile, from the local butcher :-) too difficult to catch ourselves

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 11 Dec 2012 22:14

Toiky :-D cos we like it!!! :-D

Buffalo and Crocodile!!?? :-S :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2012 22:14

We're having buffalo & crocodile

:-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Dec 2012 22:12

Ooh! I love venison casserole! Never tried roast venison, though, and the only wild boar I've tried was in Corsica - again in a casserole.

Jane

Jane Report 11 Dec 2012 21:44

Hi Mr Daff.Lovely to see you here.
It will be the blooming Turkey AGAIN.Like Muffy I am not allowed to suggest anything other.If it was my choice it would be a lovely tender joint of Beef.....Not sure about a haunch of Wild Boar or the Red Nosed Venison,although we do like Venison in Red Wine Casserole :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Dec 2012 21:41

Like Sues what ever we fancy on the day......but will most likey be cow or piggywig,,,,,,,dont like turkey or chicken.....

may even have egg on toast. :-D :-D.

Mr Daff Wild Boar--------posh nosh then.....dont have any of BC fungus things,,,,,oh boy oh boy,your eyes will twirl,,,,,

Kitty ~~~~~~~~ you will be having crispy singed turkey then..

:-D :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 11 Dec 2012 21:37

Chrismas Eve - home cooked gammon with all the little cloves in a fancy pattern. Always had goose up to last year when we went for duck and by unaminous vote - duck this year.

The price of goose is disgusting this year - why the leap in price? Mind you they only lay once a year so perhaps something to do with cold wet weather.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 11 Dec 2012 21:31

evening Mr D, im hoping to be having turkey n beef,

baby S will be dining on iceland best chicken nuggets ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Dec 2012 21:29

turkey and beef

or turkey and pork :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 11 Dec 2012 20:55

I shall pick them with my own fair hands, Mr D, and for you dear....they are free <3