General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

To All in the SW of Western Australia

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 27 Dec 2012 23:29

I did try a little while ago to organise a meet at King's Park, but only had one response.

in a clear case of the triumph of hope over experience, I'd like to try again.

Is anyone in WA interested in a meet in the near future, and definitely when the weather cools down?

I'm only suggesting Kings Park as it is central, has good parking facilities and also has BBQ's plus the cafe. Also I would suggest that most people would have been there at sometime or another and would be familiar with the various locations.

Any interest?

Allan

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Dec 2012 23:39

I'd love to if you're prepared to pay our airfare, accommodation etc. etc. - oh and a little spending money of course :-D

Allan

Allan Report 27 Dec 2012 23:45

No problems, Sue. I know where there is an unoccupied commodore tnat would sleep two.

I'll arrange with a local guy who has a bi-plane to hop over and pick you up. Where is the nearest paddock to you where he could land?

Huia

Huia Report 28 Dec 2012 02:50

Can he come and pick me up too, and can you find accommodation for me? Will I need a passport to go over there as mine expired about 10 yrs ago.

Huia

Huia Report 28 Dec 2012 02:52

Maybe I could win lotto, then I can get my p/port and fly over and pay for Sue to fly over as well. That would make 3 of us (plus her OH if he wants to join in).

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 28 Dec 2012 04:36

Sounds like a plan, Huia :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Dec 2012 04:59

I could always lend you my broomstick :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 28 Dec 2012 07:15

*Slaps* Susanwivnumbers :-0

Allan

Allan Report 28 Dec 2012 10:35

Ahemm!

this is a serious thread directed to all who live in Australia's most glorious State :-D

So far a bunch of misfits from the east, and in one case, the far east (NZ) have responded, as well as a blow in (?) on a broomstick!

I may be able to find another car body for accommodation, but it is high holiday season.

Alternatively, and this is a serious suggestion, how about an Australia wide meet in the Centre, Alice Springs? It would take some organising but wouldn't that be a fantastic experience :-)

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Dec 2012 13:02

Hope you succeed Alan, As an incentive you could throw in a free camel ride for those who like to get the hump. :-D :-D :-D

Huia

Huia Report 28 Dec 2012 18:38

Sorry, Allan to have messed up your serious thread. I do hope you can get some serious takers. I would love to meet all the Kiwi members of GR but it wouldnt be easy organising anything, particularly as I have a fairly full diary. At least I have met one of the up-toppers when she was down under and have also met our Persephone a couple of times.

Allan

Allan Report 28 Dec 2012 20:28

Hi Huia,

No apologies are necessary as my response was very much tongue in cheek :-)

It would be nice, however, to actually catch up with some GR members in Oz and NZ :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Dec 2012 21:12

can i come as well??? :-D :-D :-D

can you also pay my air fair,and i promise i wont report you tp the R,S.P.C.A for eating small furry animals.

:-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 28 Dec 2012 21:17

Like the small furry animals, Suzanne, I don't think that you'd like the heat :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Dec 2012 23:52

JUST lost 19lbs of fat in the run up to xmas,just over 9st now and at 5ft 5ins im no longer over weight and really feeling the cold now,the great Aussie weather will do me the world of good,and you could teach me how to BBQ small furry animals hands on.,,,pay my fare or i will REPORT you, :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 29 Dec 2012 00:05

Fare enough....report me :-P

Allan

Allan Report 29 Dec 2012 08:26

nudge

The Border Reiver

The Border Reiver Report 29 Dec 2012 13:59

Hi Allan,
I'll be glad to attend,
I did organise one in Scarborough a few years ago but a second attempt failed.
This must be the first time in about 9 months since I've been on genes.

Kind regards,
Ian

Joy

Joy Report 29 Dec 2012 14:12

Ian! - that is telepathy, I was just thinking about you :-) :-)

Allan, I would love to be there if I were nearer. :-)

Allan

Allan Report 29 Dec 2012 14:18

Hi Ian, whereabouts are you?

I'm in Australind.

LOl Joy, we've been over here for thirty years, and now have a keen desire to return for at least one grand holiday :-)