General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dancing On The Edge (Reminder)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Feb 2013 22:32

OH enjoyed 3 episodes and slept through most of final. I felt it ended in a whimper and last episode was drawn out and long winded not enthralling like the first 3.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Feb 2013 19:30

I'll look out for her Red:-)

Wondering if anyone watched a documentary 'Swing Time' last Friday night on BBC4 ....telling the story of swing.

I thought it was great and showed all the big bands of the 1930s & 40's with dancers from that era :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Feb 2013 16:16

The the story board and the format were good enough that the series could have easily been spread over a few more episodes, especially if a lot more of the excellent music had been included.

There is not much good drama on TV these days and then ...

Once in a while, from out of nowhere
When you don’t expect it, and you’re unprepared ... this gem.

If you enjoyed DOTE then you'll like Adelaide Hall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Hall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Bfhj2vGJ8

Some of the continuity and props work was a bit slap dash. e.g. The final episode showed a British Railways engine resplendent in London Midland red / BR Lion and 1949 plate ... at Folkestone Harbour which was also done out in Midland Red rather than Southern green. Budget ?

Joeva

Joeva Report 26 Feb 2013 15:38

Yes Mau, I think that another episode would have been more acceptable rather than an extra half hour last night to bring the series to an end. :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Feb 2013 15:10

hmm can see why you'd think that ....perhaps it could have had another episode. Always looked forward to watching though,will miss it :-(

Joeva

Joeva Report 26 Feb 2013 14:48

Although I enjoyed this final episode I found it a bit rushed and thought they had crammed too much in to it. Went from one scenario to another too quickly in my opinion. :-(

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Feb 2013 14:41

Last night was the final episode and (imo) it didn't disappoint.

A really good serial,loved the look of the scenes from '30s era most especially the music :-D which I see can be downloaded :-D

*waves to Emma ~~~~~~
Mau xx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 12 Feb 2013 23:10

Caught up, as now just watched ep.3 :-)...love it when you can see links together............hmm lots of folk it could be!!!

Really enjoying this drama :-D
Mau

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 12 Feb 2013 21:15

Well I thought Julian first off but am not happy
with his sister something funny there.

Emma :-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 12 Feb 2013 21:03

Have just watched 2nd episode Emma......'my' suspect? it has to be Julian... shirley ;-)

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 12 Feb 2013 18:18

Again I enjoyed this week,s episode.
Can't make my mind up about who is the baddy
and shock at the death, didn't expect that.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Feb 2013 00:06

Just watched the first episode tonight and enjoyed it. Love the jazz music from that era and weren't the ladies slim :-0

I'm wondering if the band was a take on Duke Ellington's,really captured the times,looking forward to the second episode tomorrow night. Also a good cast imo

Mau :-)

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 9 Feb 2013 19:50

Same here and like you love the music etc.

Joeva

Joeva Report 9 Feb 2013 19:35

Really enjoying the series, love everything from this era........ the music, the fashions.

Since the first episode have had a change of mind regarding the 'woman beater' ... but wouldn't like to spoil it for others who have yet to watch ! ;-)

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 9 Feb 2013 19:14

Watched both episodes and looking forward to next one.

Anyone else got any views, looks like I was barking up the
wrong tree about who beats up the women, or am I.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 5 Feb 2013 10:26

Have recorded last nights and will do the same tonight
and watch it in a oner.

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 4 Feb 2013 13:54

For Merlin as he is getting on a bit :-D

Mersey you are welcome :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 4 Feb 2013 10:32

Now this is my cuppa a tea Ems....will be taping the whole series and then watching it........thanks for reminder otherwise I would have forgot :-)

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 4 Feb 2013 10:07

Just a reminder for those who may be interested ;-)

Emma

Cooper

Cooper Report 30 Jan 2013 14:14

I saw this advertised and will be recording it

Teresa :-D