General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Request to View Your Tree'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 30 Jan 2013 14:33

I have just contacted someone for some information (I do not have a tree on here) and although I used the search facility and when I wanted to contact this person I removed the informal request and supplied useful information, this will still come up on her messages as a request to view her tree. So the chances of her opening her message are slim.

Grrrr :-|

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 30 Jan 2013 14:48

Hello PP
I have just sent a message too and deleted " request etc" and put in my own info.
What you're saying is ,they will just receive the request not my personal info
confused .com :-S :-S

jax

jax Report 30 Jan 2013 14:54

You can change the subject line aswell

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 30 Jan 2013 15:01

Yes jax I always do. Delete everything and put my own stuff on and thats what they get. Yeh????

jax

jax Report 30 Jan 2013 15:19

That's my understanding aswell

Estelle said that message should not be there and she would see that it is removed....that was a couple of weeks ago, maybe one day then :-)

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 30 Jan 2013 15:22

Thankyou :-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jan 2013 15:01

Yes I did all that - deleted the subject line and all the content

But in my 'sent' box it still appears as a request to view that persons tree

jax

jax Report 31 Jan 2013 15:19

As I do not send messages to people I dont know, I have just sent one to my dad knowing full well he will never see it anyway...as he changed his email address.

I changed the subject line to "Testing" and the title in my sent messages is "Testing"

So I suspect you did not change the subject line then?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jan 2013 15:24

I can assure you that I did in fact I made sure I had so that the person I was sending to would not get that god awful message in the title - I now wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that I do not have a tree?

That all aside I think I shall not bother contacting anyone on here in future, especially as the chances of a reply now seem to be almost zero! :-)

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 31 Jan 2013 15:42

Oh don't say that PP
I answered you because I am learning about this site everyday and I was genuinly interested in what happens.
I don't mind admitting I am a bit of a "L" about the WWW so pick up points wherever I can
:-) :-) :-)

jax

jax Report 31 Jan 2013 16:34

Well.....I only know that when I changed the subject line, it also changed in my sent messages.

If you are saying it did NOT change, I would contact support if I were you