General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have to laugh...but sometimes I wonder if

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 14:48

the Gods, or coincidence, or just 'fate' has it in for me!

I've been out this morning to the auction sale, all fine.
Coming home on the bus I got to the town centre, fine.
Changed buses and whilst waiting for a few minutes, a man struck up conversation with me, about it being sunny , fine..

Followed by the explanation of his bandaged forehead ( assault nearby last night ) how he's a nice guy but has problems talking to people, ( bless him)I know he's going to college, where he lives, etc etc .....by the time I got off the bus he'd asked me out as I seemed like a "lovely person" ( with a lovely figure...which translated means large busted lol)

Now aside from the fact that I have no intention of EVER getting involved with another man, this one, as well as evidently suffering from concussion ( there is no other explanation!) has to be at least 15 years younger than me and most likely more. Diversion home as we got off at same stop...why does this happen to me? :-S

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 19 Feb 2013 14:50

OOO, our Rose, I never thought of you as a cougar!

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 14:53

LOL Gwynne, have you ever seen 'Cats'? I am sure you have! Think Grizabella ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Feb 2013 14:54

maybe hes looking for a replacement "mother" figure?

or Just looking for someone to "Lurve"?

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Feb 2013 15:01

Maybe he just thinks you are luverly.

I will send you the link to a book I am reading. One of the main characters is a handsome tall scot from 1740s and he is 15 years younger than the heroine who is from our era....They seem to be hitting it off Ok....why shouldn't you :-D

Edited for spelling of Heroin :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Feb 2013 15:02

RamblingRose has found a Rambling Toy-Boy :-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 15:11

Bob I think you're probably right, I seem to have that effect on men :-| something to do with me seeming 'maternal and nurturing' :-(

Slaps Susan ( in a friendly manner) and points out that 'heroin' sic has an 'e' on it otherwise we are talking a whole different ball game ;-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Feb 2013 15:13

ouch Rose!......sorry 'twas me spell checker...it can't spell :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 15:14

:-D :-D Susan

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 19 Feb 2013 15:21

Is your book by Diane Gabaldon Susan?

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Feb 2013 15:24

MUFFY....Yes it is....and I was just going to tell you about it cos I thought you might love it :-D......Spooky....and fancy that!

Edit......I am now in lurve :-D It is one of those books that one would look at ones partner or husband and throw at them because they are nothing like the Hero.......I have even started to look around the town for stones that may hide a time portal .......You never know :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 19 Feb 2013 15:26

LOVED those books and have always been totally in lurve with Jamie Fraser lol x

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Feb 2013 15:29

I am on the first book......I expect it might get rather expensive judging by the amount she has written.......I have got no work done today :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 15:30

I think I'll read the book...I will staying at home even more from now on!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Feb 2013 15:44

Loved those book Susan, but preferred the earlier ones to the later ones. In fact I have one of the latest ones started but it is so huge that I keep shelving it and the atory seems to have lost its allure.

Back to OP. Rose :-D He probably was just so pleased to find somebody who would actually listen to him, a bit spooky though, did you lose him before you approached your home?

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 19 Feb 2013 15:50

Some men like older women Rose :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 15:56

Ann I went 'the long way round' and checked behind me lolol :-D

Cat, been there, got several t shirts, but now way past 'trying again'...even in the best of circumstances :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 19 Feb 2013 17:11

Is it a Breath Of Snow and Ashes.Ann? I have that on my book shelf and much as I love the others I just can't get past about chapter 4...and it IS huge...I have the same problem x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Feb 2013 18:03

there's a letter in the paper today from a woman who said for Valentine's Day her OH bought her two books - 50 shades of Grey and Call the Midwife - she wants to know where she can get a book for him called "On your bike"

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 19 Feb 2013 18:51

:-D :-D