General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ideal Funeral ??

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 9 Mar 2013 19:59

Just heard an ad on the radio, a Funeral Home advertising their 'craft'. The last sentence of the ad : " when the time comes, we will be there to help create the ideal funeral" :-D.

I don't want an ideal funeral, don't ever want to have a funeral - but know I will some day :-(.

Wondering what 'ideal' could be ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Mar 2013 20:03

For me - cheap, and especially - cheerful :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Mar 2013 20:04

One of your'e choice I supose Susan,,,,,,,

traditional,,,non-traditional,,wacky ,,,,,,

wood,wicker box,casket,any colour, on the back of a truck,drawn by white horses... :-D ......

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 20:04

I want mine done on the cheap, Susan, cardboard coffin etc, and with the money saved, I hope there will be a great party afterwards. Am just mad I wont be there to enjoy it! :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 9 Mar 2013 20:06

a body and a healthy estate

Wend

Wend Report 9 Mar 2013 20:12

I've just deleted a reply I'd typed out.. Oops, that's the first time ever I've been sensible :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 9 Mar 2013 20:13

Cheap and cheerful for me, they can party after if they want to I won't mind :-D
Mine is already paid for as well so I don't worry about leaving family to pay for anything.

BC I'm sure you'll be there in spirit. :-D :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Mar 2013 20:14

Was it scurrilous, Wend? :-D

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 9 Mar 2013 20:15

Hope the cardboard coffins are heavy duty cardboard..... Oooh, imagine the bottom falling out of the box...

I guess it was my sense of humour made me post....

I agree with cheap and cheerful and 'missing' out on the party. Hopefully the family wouldn't be celebrating being 'rid' of me ;-).

OH and I haven't ever discussed what each other would want. Very remiss of us I think. I did ask my Dad once where his will is stored, he thought I was after his 'wealth' or lack there of. Actually, as an executor for him, the question was a practical one :-(.

May it be a long long time before I have need of an 'ideal' outing...

Thanks for your replies :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Mar 2013 20:16

i fancy those little waving hands on my coffin ;-) ;-)

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 9 Mar 2013 20:24

:-D Joy,

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Mar 2013 20:30

and two eyes painted at the foot end Joy so you dont miss anything, :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 9 Mar 2013 22:06

As far as I am concerned they can tip me head first into the wheelie bin!
It won't bother me one bit, funerals are for the ones left behind as a way of coping and letting go.

They need to feel they gave him/her a good send off, and put on a good "Bun Fight" to feed the mourners.

Now I'm wondering about music for mine perhaps "Ain't it grand to be blooming well dead" by Leslie Sarony and maybe my coffin carried by some scantily dressed cheerleaders. ;-)

Gimmie a M
Gimmie a a
Gimmie a y
Gimmie a f
Gimmie a i
Gimmie a e
Gimmie s l
Gimmie a d

G-------o Mayfield!

terryj

terryj Report 9 Mar 2013 22:10

i want one where they say
hang on i can hear him breathing

McB

McB Report 9 Mar 2013 22:24

When the curtains are about to close i want the theme music to" countdown" played then" wish me luck as you wave me goodbye" lol

Wend

Wend Report 9 Mar 2013 22:42

BC - me scurrilous, shock, horror!!

*I hope there will be a great party afterwards. Am just mad I wont be there to enjoy it!*

Me too, me too, chin chin everyone :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Mar 2013 22:43

i am thinking of having my party before i go :-D :-D

be a shame to miss a good do ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Mar 2013 23:32

Dunno what I want in a funeral, but I'd like it to be cheerful.

I want to be cremated.

I want my ashes scattered on the golf course.

That way I will be able to keep an eye on OH at least twice a week :-D ;-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 Mar 2013 23:43

Have always said I wanted cheapest coffin there was, as it is going up in smoke, would be like burning money! Money saved goes RNLI. Having recently heard about cardboard ones and they can be used for cremation.

No flowers just a spray of freesia. No black to be worn. Son to wear his Liverpool FC tie.

Music - on entering chapel - Ferry me cross the Mersey. Mid service, You'll never walk alone and leaving church Chris Barber and some upbeat jazz to get the toes tapping.

My dau. will be furious!!!!!! Nearly forgot, my ashes go to Chicken Rocks, Isle of Man where my Dad's are.

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Mar 2013 00:47

I enjoyed my mother's funeral very much. It was the first party she had ever given me.