General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living without children

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Mar 2013 20:49

over to you all, I don´t have children because I can´t , I didn´t want them until I was told no and made my choice not to go any further with IVF but I still feel gutted when my age group talk about their grandchildren

Wend

Wend Report 14 Mar 2013 20:53

<3 <3 <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 14 Mar 2013 20:54

if you have none to make you happy
you have none to make you sad Uzzi

but it is very sad sorry
you have not been able to have any
because grandchildern are a blessing :-(

((hug)))

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Mar 2013 20:56

well I am lucky enough to have a son, although I did lose three babies and was about to throw the towel in - it's very demoralising

however, I would dearly love just one grandchild but won't be getting one - my lovely daughter in law has two boys in their twenties now from a previous marriage and wanted no more :-( :-(

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 14 Mar 2013 20:56

Bless you uzzi <3 xx

Wend

Wend Report 14 Mar 2013 20:57

Ann - ((hugs)) that is sad.

Uzzi - ((hugs)) too. <3 <3

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 14 Mar 2013 21:15

Hi my lovely we cant have children either and we were desperate for them but unfortunately through not fault of ours all the routes we followed came to nothing so I am with you as you already know because we have talked about it often. But you have been like a mum to me and I wuv you loads
Rachxxx

Island

Island Report 14 Mar 2013 21:23

Know what you mean Uzzi and nothing p's me off like irriots who think all mothers are perfect and those without know jack all :-P :-P :-P

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Mar 2013 21:44

A massive (((HUG))) for all my GR friends unable to have children and who don't post and of course to the lovely Rach and OH and you Uzzi <3

Island

Island Report 14 Mar 2013 21:47

Glad I didn't get a hug :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Mar 2013 21:49

Repeats what Sue has said <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Mar 2013 21:59

Supercrutch thank you for the hugs
Island it´s good to know that others know where we non mothers are coming from.
It isn´t easy but you learn a safe face and a good line of patter, and then you get
to my age and realise that you can´t be a granny either,

I will tell all those non mothers out there it does get easier but you will always get a stinger when you don´t expect it , remember you can spend the money you earned you don´t have to save it Your life is your own (unless you have a ruddy mother)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Mar 2013 22:10

Sorry Island, I didn't know your circumstances :-(

A massive (((HUG))) for you too <3

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Mar 2013 23:09

Two of the most influential ladies in my life were both childless. One had an unfortunate marriage and other was a spinster.

But they both had great wisdom and took an interest. And they always seemed to have time. We parents have a lot of disadvantages - and I suspect I am not the only parent who would like to have another chance as we didn't do that brilliantly first time round :-( :-(

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Mar 2013 23:29

John you wouldn't want to be childless because some people think we are brainless also, I have been talked down to many times because I haven''t given birth, yet as a trained nanny I probably know more than they, Difficult

Island

Island Report 14 Mar 2013 23:30

Be thankful for what you have John, who's to say you'd 'do brilliantly' a second time?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Mar 2013 23:55

Uzzi ~ I can't have children either.

Had a few miscarriages. I was 42 by the time the docs figured out what was wrong. Then I hit early menopause!!

I'm not that bothered, because I'm the oldest of five children, the youngest one is nearly 15 years younger than I am. I've changed lots of nappies & had sleepless nights.

Between us, OH & I have 18 nieces & nephes & 5 greats, so there are plenty of kids to "borrow"...... and send back :-D

What REALLY pees me off ~ people who hardly know us who ask "Why don't you have children?"

NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!!!!!!!! :-P

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Mar 2013 23:57

I don'thave children. I just don't.

It is not something I have thought much about really.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Mar 2013 00:33

The last person who asked why we didn't have children got this response......

"We thought we'd wait until we grew up".

:-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 Mar 2013 00:45

My eldest daughter desperately wants children but her circumstances, boyfriend, finance and health will probably mean she wont. It's hard for her to see her younger sister with one son and a daughter due in May. Difficult as a Mum to balance how I show my feelings on this one subject.