General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Going Going SOLD

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 May 2013 17:37

Mum´s house has gone.

Finito, cash in the bank, clobber in Spain, just got to sort the final bills out now, that isn´t easy as I have to cancel insurances also ..well I have to find them 1st. and it´s Goodbye UK.

Now the hard work really begins. :-S

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 May 2013 17:39

well done Uzzi xx :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 17:47

Thats great . Another worry off the plate

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 May 2013 17:55

Thanks girls, it´s sort of exciting ...well more of a relief to get the place off our hands.
The sale gave me many worries I was so scared that things would go wrong that I have been so ruddy quiet about it. You can´t even imagine my fears, or my laughter now about it all.
It went so quick in the end as well I was actually shocked and had to panic about clearing the house out, getting the stuff to Spain, re-finding somewhere for it to go 24hrs before it arrived. Manic Panic stuff but stories now to dine out on for awhile.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 18:04

Even though our family house has been rented for over 50 years when mum died the panic was on to clear the place and to hand it back in good time so as not to pay too much rent,

Dad had been a bit of a hoarder and one room was crammed full with things!! we did our best but as most of us didnt live locally it was a struggle. Fortunately the house was managed at that time by a housing association with a local agent who didnt expect too much and accepted the keys even with some junk still in the house.

Its always a worry though.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 May 2013 18:12

Shirley as you probably know I have been going back and clearing but even then I had to have help. The great thing about this is I am in touch with my Uncles and it was them who did the final clearance once I had packed things to take. They thankfully was there for the boxes to be picked up and for final readings and things.
I really could not have done it alone.
I also have the advantage now that between neighbours and Uncle I can send Mums post to me for the next year cheaply ! 50 pounds rather that 180

But it is sold .....and that is a relief

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 May 2013 18:19

it is great when it all comes together,

I have been following your threads with Mums problems and the realisation that she does have health problems and not really capable of living alone any more.

Its good .and a relief i am sure that its all done and dusted now <3

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 3 May 2013 18:28

Well done Uzzi...

Its good to see you have sold .....not many selling around here.

Must have had a reasonable fare price on it .

Now start living .... :-D

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 3 May 2013 18:29

So pleased for you, know it has been a hard time but now on the up :-D :-D

Carol

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 May 2013 18:32

What a relief - now you can see the end in sight. Good for you.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 May 2013 20:04

Thank you there is more to come but as yet I want to keep it fairly quiet..
I need now to sort the closure of Mum´s and that is not going to be easy ..as I am begininng to find out. It´s amazing what she had (insurance wise) and I even now don´t know if I have finished.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 May 2013 07:38

That's one big thing ticked off the long list tho Uzzi and you have done well to stay sane during all the toing and froing. Keep up the good work and get some more ticks done soon.

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 May 2013 07:58

Great news, Uzzi

I am glad that the house sold quickly.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 May 2013 09:57

So pleased for you and your Mum Uzzie. Good to get it sorted.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 4 May 2013 10:31

Glad to hear that the house has sold. That's a big worry off your shoulders.
We are trying to sell a flat too...
My MIL died last June.
We got her will changed so that my SIL could have the house, then, towards the end of last year, we put Sil's flat on the market
Not one single viewer or note of interest in the 6 months that it's been on the market!

Island

Island Report 4 May 2013 12:54

What a relief for you Uzzi. How long from accepting offer to completion?

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 3 Jun 2013 17:37

Well done Uzzi - you found another property in Spain yet ?

Love Mary xx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 3 Jun 2013 17:49

Well done Uzzi....wish me luck then, ours is on the market as from today:)))

Hope the rest works out for you, take care:)

jude x

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jun 2013 18:16

Great news Uzzi...well done you :-) <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 Jun 2013 18:59

Island sorry I missed you it was 5weeks from offer to completion.

Mary I am moving in 2 weeks to Los Alacazares. we completed on a house there last week.