General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

downing-street-rocked-by-secret-affair

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McB

McB Report 2 Jun 2013 21:23

So i wonder who's up to no good now.

Got this from AOL's news page

McB

McB Report 2 Jun 2013 21:28

Forgot to c&p

A "secret love affair" has rocked Downing Street, it has been claimed.

The Mail on Sunday reports that David Cameron has held "crisis talks" after being told of the "sensational affair."

The newspaper says it is unable to disclose any details of the people involved "for legal reasons", but says neither are serving in the Cabinet.

It quotes a source saying: "This revelation is dynamite. None of us could believe it when we first heard it.

"Then we just thought, “What a complete mess”."

Cameron was said to be "stunned" when he heard of the news.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 2 Jun 2013 21:38

This has been all over Twitter since the publication....we await the 'shocking' reveal ;-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Jun 2013 21:44

TBH I could not care less about who is having an affair with who, secret or otherwise,

I just want them to do the job they were elected to do

Roy

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Jun 2013 22:08

It would be terribly wrong to speculate..........

but if anyone knows anything please PM me lol. I am soooo nosey ;-)

Serious point though, I'm not bothered as long as they do the job they are paid to do UNLESS it is involving someone who is using the affair to influence decisions made by government.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 2 Jun 2013 23:04

I agree as long as they do the job they are asked to do I couldn't care less.......But like RR do let me know as soon as possible!

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 2 Jun 2013 23:26

I don't know anything for sure but have a pretty fair idea of who they are on about due to a process of elimination.

I think the brown stuff will hit the fan in a very big way...justified or not..because of all the *what if's* of the situation if who I think it is is........

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 3 Jun 2013 00:00

*likes* Muffy's post :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jun 2013 02:23

had to laugh - headline said "return of sleaze" - wasn't aware it had gone away :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Jun 2013 07:17

There must be something wrong with me because I'm not a bit interested in personal goings-on elsewhere as long as I can keep my own shenanigans under wraps.

Graham

Graham Report 3 Jun 2013 08:10

I wondered where the PM's cat kept sneaking off to at night? ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jun 2013 09:09

These things happen in the top echelons. Sometimes in lower echelons.

Expect it will die a death as quickly as it started because (if the rumours are correct) it will not affect the three people involved anyway - they are all pretty fire proof, I would have thought. And it certainly won't bother the electorate who are almost expecting Berlusconi behaviour now from our leaders.

I think the rumours circulating this morning that Michael Gove has had a passionate love affair with himself are also wide of the mark. :-) ;-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 3 Jun 2013 09:33

Graham took the words out of my mouth. LOL :-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 3 Jun 2013 09:47

You could be right Graham might be the start of "Pussy Gate" ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jun 2013 10:20

So many shenanigans, Dermot. I seem to be missing out :-( :-(

Nothing about this on news this morning - not even mentioned on front page of any newspaper that they reviewed on Breakfast BBC News.

There is a more passionate affair currently unfolding as I write. Ed Balls has deserted Yvette Cooper for some man called John Meynard Keynes. Switch on BBC News. Watch and salivate :-) ;-) These two men are totally in love as they walk in Norway hand in hand:

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2011/06/amazing-cliffs-of-norway-adrenaline-junkies-paradise-33-pics/

Photo #11 by TerjeN

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 3 Jun 2013 11:31

You are missing the point. If the speculation is correct then there WILL BE far reaching repercussions.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Jun 2013 11:40

No, I am not, SueC. I think others are missing the point. If rumours are correct, the popularity of all of the people involved will not alter in the public's mind. It will not gain or lose a single vote.

And there are hundreds of similar affairs that could surface. I have not been shocked by affairs since Lloyd George and Frances Stephenson :-) ;-) Now that was shocking!!!!!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 3 Jun 2013 13:05

PM me if you still don't know, Rose.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Jun 2013 13:18

Thanks Gwynne, one or two possible scenarios has been suggested, I'm rather hoping the truth might be more interesting lol.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jun 2013 13:21

I've not got a clue :-S