General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please tell me

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 13:19

Please tell me my eyes are deceiving me..

The thread posted by Joy Kentish Maid on the suggestions board re request review was RR's this morning.

I have just looked to check if it has been reinstated yet to find it appears to have been removed :-|

If my eyes are NOT deceiving me then shame on GR :-|

Roy

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jun 2013 13:21

Removed? Completely???

Shame! Shame!

:-P

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2013 13:22

Hear hear!

My thread has gone too and Genes have not yet contacted me.

I would have been quite happy to remove that myself seeing the turn it took I DO think Genes should have contacted me by now.
I think both Joy and I congratulated Genes for removing a contentious thread. But can't fathom why that whole thread on Genes was removed.

If we can't thank Genes for taking the right action - what is the point of the boards.

Edit: 13.37- oops that should have read 'whole thread on suggestions....' sorry

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jun 2013 13:24

The hooray thread has gone too!

Is this GR's idea of "fixing" things???

SHAME! SHAME!

here's a thought ~ will we still get an email from GR with a warning? We were reported, but the thread doesn't exist any more......... so a warning would be superfluous.

What a ridiculous situation.

My membership is due in August. If GR doesn't start treating members with more respect I won't be renewing.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2013 13:24

shame on GR indeed - this person doing the reporting appears to have GR in their pocket

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2013 13:29

Also I trust GR have given Joy a good reason for pulling her thread - can't for the life of me think what the reason could be though

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2013 13:32

I assume Joys thread went the same time as mine - no contact yet from Genes.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 13:32

As I remember GR did post on Joys thread thanking her for bringing the reported threads that had not yet been dealt with after remaining on the boards for several days to their attention. the thread had been their some months

Roy

Edit, content removed after and explanation from GR

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2013 13:35

exactly - seems this particular member is virtually fireproof!!! Well I for one will endeavour to avoid any threads started by said person - if we all chose to do likewise they would find they have no one to chat to any more

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 24 Jun 2013 13:39

Shall we have a "frothing at the mouth" thread?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 24 Jun 2013 13:42

GR might be so fed up this morning with all the rr's that they pull the chat board altogether ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Jun 2013 13:44

But how can avoiding happen when no one knows who reports these threads and posts , it cant be assumed that a sole person is responsible.

It could even be off duty staff?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 13:48

With regard to Joys thread the only reasonable explanation I can think of for removing it would be a (temporary removal) in order to stop any more posts being reported on that thread.

Roy

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 24 Jun 2013 13:52

If 'the' thread that was rr'd over the weekend had 'locked' as soon as it was rr'd a lot of upset would have been avoided.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 13:56

Lyndi Joy did suggest that as a solution seconded by me and GR dismissed the suggestion.

see Natasha, thread 17 May 2013 15:08

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1324153

Roy

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 24 Jun 2013 14:02

Thanks for that Roy, I hadn't seen it.
Maybe GR should reconsider after this weekend, (and I can see no point with allowing members to continue the conversation if the rr'd thread is going to be deleted anyway) :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2013 14:51

Genes have now contacted me - I have posted part of my email to them and their reply on the Hooray Henry/Henrietta thread.

I do hope that Joys thread gets re-instated.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 16:20

My Malicious Reporting thread on the suggestions board has also been RR'd

I have contacted GR and await their reply

Roy

Edit, As has LadyScozz 24 Jun 2013 11:14

This post has been requested for review

and

nameslessone 24 Jun 2013 15:11

This post has been requested for review

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Jun 2013 16:27