General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bucket List

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Jul 2013 09:46

We said we wanted to travel.... we did

We said we wanted to escape the city and move to a small town... we did

I wanted to find my ancestors....... I did, and found OH's too!

A few more things to do......... but I'll make sure there isn't a hole in the bucket

:-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 8 Jul 2013 22:49

i most certainly do not have a kick the bucket list
though i do live everyday

as if it were my last :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jul 2013 21:46

still working on my, and our, bucket list(s)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jul 2013 20:34

I've got to learn to drive - an item my family have put in my 'bucket list' for me!

Wend

Wend Report 8 Jul 2013 19:21

I know what you mean Lyndi ;-) :-D

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 19:16

I've started to detox my house for the same reason, partly so the kids don't have to do it when I'm gone and partly because there are some things I just don't want the kids to know about :-D ;-)

Wend

Wend Report 8 Jul 2013 19:13

That's easy. To finish all the projects I started and to put several years' worth of photos into albums AND label them with names :-D

Also, to get rid of all the *stuff* I've collected over the years, so others don't have to do it when I've kicked the bucket :-(

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 8 Jul 2013 19:02

Oh my goodness, go on ship to America, then go to see Grand Canyon. Overcome my fear of flying so I can visit and see where my daughter lives in South Africa.. Live long enough to see all my grandchildren achieve their dreams.

Carol :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 19:01

I went to Venice - that was one of my "to do things"

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jul 2013 18:11

I have achieved some things on my list. Like Lyndi I have seen both my children married and happy, I have learned to drive (my list was made about 40 years ago) I have sailed through the Panama Canal, learned to speak another language (more out of necessity than choice) but I still can't swim. I have had numerous terrifying lessons but I am frightened of water.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 18:08

well thank you kindly Lyndi :-D

mastering my hula hoop would be one

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 18:02

Ann, it is a list you make of things you would like to do or achieve before you die :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 18:01

Some of the things were very simple - like seeing my daughter get married.

She is still living with her partner with no sign of getting hitched, but 3 years ago she lost a lot of weight with a slimming club and they put on a Charity Masked Ball with a fashion show by the slimmers. My daughter came out wearing a wedding dress looking stunning and radiant - the radiance due in no small part to the fact she had 2 days earlier found out she was pregnant. If she doesn't get married I can hold that picture in my heart for ever :-)

As she had been told she wouldn't be able to have children they were thrilled, and to hold my grandchild in my arms was another thing on my list so BONUS :-D

Seeing the Northern lights is proving to be a difficult one - they hide when I try ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jul 2013 17:47

so, what exactly is a bucket list? :-S

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jul 2013 17:45

No I don't now, I used to have one but knew I would never be able to afford to do the things that were on there. Now I'm too old to do the things that were on there :-(

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:33

I enjoyed it, about 2 guys who meet in hospital while being treated for cancer.
One white and rich, the other black and poor, they end up becoming friends and go off on a 'bucket list' trip of a lifetime.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jul 2013 17:30

No - any good?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:26

Did you see the film The Bucket List ?

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:23

Hahaha - no way LadyScozz, are you? :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jul 2013 17:22

You beat me to it LadyScozz ;-)