General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My email from Genes Reunited Support Team.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 18 Nov 2013 19:37

Doz thi speak Yorksire ?

Apparently a few members were offended by the first "joke".
It did breach clause 2 in T&C's and it's mention of drugs and as GR has some teenage members they thought it inappropriate.

So ............I have to be squeaky clean now.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Nov 2013 19:46

Jollly good to see you are still here Mr Magoo.

Now behave yourself.........and be a good boy.

;-) :-D

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Please accept this trophy.

:-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 18 Nov 2013 19:47

Yes mum............ :-D

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 18 Nov 2013 19:48

I thought GR was for adults is there no lower age limit???? otherwise we may have to tread carefully if we suggest Father Christmas isn't all he seems

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Nov 2013 19:54

You have to be a certain age to join in theory , but as the board is open to read to anyone who has an email addy to be a free member, then it is in effect open to all...and member's children do sometimes read threads, especially the birthday ones etc, So Father Christmas is definitely real :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 18 Nov 2013 19:56

Mr M, go and stand in the corner. Tutty tut!

As usual, I missed all the fun.

If you wanna c & p and send it to me, I shall no doubt make my own mind up how offended I should be!

:-D

jax

jax Report 18 Nov 2013 19:58

I hope none of these teenagers are on facebook...you never know what they may see on there :-)

Joy

Joy Report 18 Nov 2013 20:17

"I thought GR was for adults is there no lower age limit???? otherwise we may have to tread carefully if we suggest Father Christmas isn't all he seems"

- I understand that 16 is the youngest age when a person can subscribe; I think that people younger than that can post with parents' permission.

However, anyone of any age can read what is posted in GR as it is a totally public site.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Nov 2013 20:25

OMG!!!

I'm off to delete my thread about the Tooth Fairy >>>>>>>>>>>>

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 18 Nov 2013 20:29

I'm off to write to Father Christmas then off to Facebook to swear with the kids ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Nov 2013 22:00

sob sob sob

Are you saying Santa won't be visiting me this year?

sob sob sob sob :-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2013 22:00

What is the matter with Father Christmas? Are we getting less presents this year? Nothing happened to him, is there?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Nov 2013 22:43

Poor Lance Armstrong -

I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated

Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning 7

Tour de France races, while on drugs.
When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my frig’n bike.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 18 Nov 2013 22:43

Not happy, Col. That is really taking it too far and you should remove it.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 19 Nov 2013 00:33

I have removed it as don't wish to upset folk but to be honest cant understand why you looked when I warned ''don't play if you are easily offended''

Allan

Allan Report 19 Nov 2013 06:29

Staffs Col

KBW is almost a local lad and only does live shows because of the adult content. They are always sold out and the age of the punters range from late teens to people in their 90's.

The people who go to his shows know the content, but still attend in droves.

He is one of Australia's most iconic comedians.

I may have no taste (I only scored 13% on the posh thread :-() but I like his humour :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Nov 2013 09:26

Thanks Col. Not easily offended but many seem to be, and that would have been reported fairly quickly if they had not been having a bath (we all have highlights in our day) and you would have got your morning message that the moderator had upheld the complaint.

I had one this morning because I had said I h*ted Dermot. Can you imagine me or anybody h*ting Dermot. If you were to ask who is the nicest poster with the fullest measure of homely Irish logic, Dermot would win by a mile. And they also included my introductory line "Even I do not understand my sense of humour" before upholding the miserable and ridiculous report.

No doubt this post will attract another report, Face, bothered :-) :-) ;-)

jax

jax Report 19 Nov 2013 11:23

That didn't surprise me that it was rr'd John

I had one a while back where someone said 'I know there are people on here that don't like me'

I replied with 'I admit I don't like you ect ect'.....few minutes later whoosh reported

Oh no you must not say things like that...this site is a joke I renewed for a year this time....I will not be renewing next year, not worth it

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 19 Nov 2013 17:50

Allan, Thanks yes his humour is adult but I too find him very funny, but I do also realise that many might find him too extreme.
I returned to the page after pondering the issue myself after I had posted (I do use ex-military closed chatrooms a fair bit and these are by nature more tolerant so may forget where I am sometimes) and decided to delete, in advance of seeing John's post.
I would add that no-one else had mentioned it to me and I received no PM's complaining or asking me to delete.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Nov 2013 18:24

Typical stuck-up Staffy you are, Col :-D ;-)

No one else expects David Cameron to write to us asking us to delete our posts.