General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What was the biggest mistake in your life

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 Feb 2014 19:50

and would you change it ?

Wend

Wend Report 7 Feb 2014 19:58

Yes, he was and No.

The man I met who made my life miserable for a few years, but I wouldn't have met the man I've been with for nearly 40 years if I hadn't met the first b*****d, so I have him to thank for that (the only thing though!) :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Feb 2014 20:00

What a wonderful answer Wend <3 <3 <3

Wend

Wend Report 7 Feb 2014 20:02

Merseykins - we never know what's round the corner do we? <3 <3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Feb 2014 20:08

biggest mistake of my life - not telling my mother in law and father in law what absolute sh**s they were :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Feb 2014 20:09

We certainly don't Wend <3 <3 things happen for a reason <3 <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Feb 2014 20:10

Ann you do make me laugh at times :-D :-D :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Feb 2014 20:20

Not trying to talk a relative out of marrying the most horrendous man who walks this earth! He is an absolute stinker in every sense of the word!

:-(

Wend

Wend Report 7 Feb 2014 20:24

Trouble is Ann - it's so hard to tell some people what you think of them, because you know it might hurt others you care about. Well, that has been my experience anyway.

I just think about them when I'm hoovering and I really put everything I've got into it - makes me feel a whole lot better

:-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Feb 2014 20:45

Quite bluntly, coming out of the wrong hole!

Then picking up, or being engineered toward somebody who did the same thing.

It is none too easy sorting out my deep seated problems and trying to help with his.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 7 Feb 2014 20:46

If I had said something earlier, the outcome would have been the same! I just grit my teeth and do the same Wend.

But I have to say, I do have a little swear word....................or two!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 Feb 2014 20:57

Wend like you I regret a previous relationship but without it I may not have the wonderful relationship I have. I do regret though not smacking shite out of him when he belted me and I also regret not turning him into to the law,

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 7 Feb 2014 21:04

Not telling someone what a complete a**e he was (an ex-boss) - I would change it and I would also have let down all the tyres on his beloved car and reported him to the police as a suspected terrorist (he had Irish number plates and this was in the 1980s) :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 7 Feb 2014 21:05

The biggest mistake/s in my life and would I change it?
Hmmmm.....
No, wouldn't change a thing because I believe in "it's meant to be" and whatever happens in your life shapes you and subsequently leads you to the life you have now, which, in my case, is great.
On the other hand I can't say I haven't met a few so 'n so's along the way whom I wish I'd had the guts (and strength) to batter to a pulp!! ;-)

Karen x

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 Feb 2014 21:18

Karen I am with you on that, Hope those camels are doing well

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 7 Feb 2014 21:27

I hope the camels are ok without me Uzzi, I'm in the UK at the mo' - enjoying the rain, rain, rain, rain,............ :-0
x

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Feb 2014 21:38

I should have forged my father's signature.

In high school, teachers encouraged some of us to take home forms for our fathers to sign (mothers not acceptable in those days), so that we could apply for grants to attend university.

I had the grades/marks.

My father refused to sign, because I would take the uni position away from a boy.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Feb 2014 21:46

IF! WE COULD DO THINGS DIFFERENT WE COULD
MISS THE IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE CHILDREN MAY NEVER EXCIST
GRANDKIDS ,
TO MUCH AT RISK TO CHANGE THE PAST

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Feb 2014 22:13

I have no regrets with my marriage or my wonderful oH. I wouldn't change anything there.

I do regret not having the courage to stand up to a bullying military officer boss who hated women. No longer with us, smoked non stop and died of cancer. He was nasty to all the females who worked for him and, because of the military ethic and me a junior civilian officer I was too scared to confront him. :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Feb 2014 22:40

Mine is exactly the same as Wend's. My first husband was a brutal B*****d :-(. who gave me 13 years of hell before I had the courage to walk. Second is an absolute darling who I love so very much