General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Respect.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 21 Mar 2014 18:58

I was always taught to respect my elders,

But it keeps getting harder to find one.

Looks around on GR.

:-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 21 Mar 2014 19:03

What you looking at me for Mr M ;-) :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 19:13

I know the feeling :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mind I am still waiting for the respect from others :-0

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 21 Mar 2014 19:25

I was as well..............mind you a few of my elders could do with a lesson in manners :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Mar 2014 19:30

I'm here :-D :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 21 Mar 2014 19:37

Hello Ann :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 21 Mar 2014 19:38

Hiya Ann......... :-D :-D

Frederick

Frederick Report 21 Mar 2014 19:41

Nice to know I'm younger than everybody on here. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :-S

F.

SueCar

SueCar Report 21 Mar 2014 19:45

Age isn't that important. Respecting other people is a good thing, whatever age they are - I am still under ***ty (not saying how much, ha ha) and really enjoy these boards - although I still treat those older than myself with the utmost respect - that's my upbringing :-).

RE-SPEC Mr M! (That's for the under ****ties). :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 20:28

I like SueCar 's answer. I was taught to respect my elders but also other people.&children my age and under. It's respect for a human being regardless age, status, or wealth. I am now over that dreaded age which ever it may be and I do expect respect from children although I worry I may wait a long time for it. I would like respect from the parents if I give them respect and often fear for the children.

It's a hard world we live in now Mr Magoo and I will respect you but I am not sure who will respect me and TBH I am not sure those who do if I want their respect. ie, my nephew aged 17 respects me because I lived on the streets and smoked dope ! I would rather he respected me because I turned my life around and now have a place he can come and stay. :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Mar 2014 20:31

Uzzi - you are to be both respected and admired for your achievements :-) <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 20:49

Thank you AnnCardiff I do not ask for admiration for turning my life around, although it makes me smile, but I would rather that, then they admired my street living and dope taking.
Sadly they only respect what they donĀ“t know and can never know unless they go that route. Which my nephew thought was good

SueCar

SueCar Report 21 Mar 2014 21:01

Thanks, UiS. Re-spec' to you too. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Mar 2014 21:15

You think you've got problems?

Can you imagine how hard it must be for poor Fred!?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Mar 2014 21:38

Sharron I so feel for Fred

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Mar 2014 01:14

I was brought up to respect everyone - until they open their mouths or behave in away that proves they're not worthy!
I ALWAYS thank a child for the slightest sign of respect - makes them feel good - so (hopefully) they'll do it again.

But then, there's a fine line between respect and subservience.
Walking from the supermarket to the bus tonight, a group of about 10 young tourists were in front of me. I needed to get past them, Started overtaking and the teenager nearest me decided to fling her arms out - her (previously unnoticed) cigarette nearly hit me in the face, as she brought her arm down, she burnt a hole in my carrier bag, at which point I barged past her, she dropped her fag and stopped to pick it up!!
I (probably uselessly) informed her that, that was what happened when you hogged the pavement! (I am getting sooo intolerant of selfish behaviour - I smoke, but usually in one place, and don't gesticulate with fag in hand!)

As for Fred - much respect to you, Sharron - he's treated like a useful member of society - even if it's only in the washing department - he has his place and he knows it - and his view of his usefulness is probably totally different to yours, but he's happy with it and that's the important point. . :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Mar 2014 01:20

I was actually thinking how hard it was for him to find elders to respect.

There is only one in the village and he is being very carefully watched!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Mar 2014 09:26

sounds a bit like Agatha Christie,,,,,,,,,,10 little N.........s.....ooops ....elders.....LOL

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 22 Mar 2014 22:54

Dear All

Hello

I don't mind respecting my elders but as a youngster, we were always berated
that we should also respect "our betters".

I always wondered what defined "a better"?

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 22 Mar 2014 23:01

well I am just a recycled teenager ;-) ;-)