General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My membership number

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David_Carter

David_Carter Report 7 Mar 2017 09:57

Well I'm lost.
I can find other peoples membership number by writing to them, but try to find mine - No hope.
I've tried everything from hovering over my name to going to membership details.
Hopeless.
One would think that the one thing that identifies and separates a member from everyone else would be the easiest thing to find.
:-S

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 7 Mar 2017 11:43

It's 8144151

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 7 Mar 2017 14:01

i haven't been able to see members numbers since I updated to Windows 10

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Mar 2017 15:01

I've got Windows 10 and I can still see members' numbers by hovering over their name and looking at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.

I agree with David, though, that you should be able to find your own number in your account details.

What do you do if you've never posted? On the other hand, I've never needed my number for anything, so perhaps it's just a formality! :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 7 Mar 2017 21:20

I can see my number the same way I can see anyone else's, by hovering over my name and it's in the bottom left hand corner, but as Andysmum says, no good if you haven't posted anywhere.

The only people who have ever been interested in membership numbers seem to be those members checking to see if you are really who you say you are, but that hasn't happened for a long time lol :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Mar 2017 00:00

Lyndi ..........

I sometimes still check membership numbers to see if they are a new member or an old member who has just started posting on the Boards.

OR to find out if two posts under the same name (eg David) are by one person or two people

greyghost

greyghost Report 8 Mar 2017 00:13

Try clicking on your own name and when the compose new message window opens, click in the white space at the top of the page where it says genes reunited.co.uk - this will change and then show genes reunited.co.uk/messages/new/8144151

A bit like going to the top of this page and clicking in the space which will give you information about this thread
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1365121

Kense

Kense Report 8 Mar 2017 09:22

..and if you want to know who has a particular membership number (between 1 and just over 14260000) just change the number after ../messages/new/ to that number.

Then the person's name will appear in the To box for Compose New Message, unless their account has been deleted, in which case it changes to "Start typing name of contact".

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 11 Mar 2017 11:59

I've found it now, I was doing it wrong and hovering over the photo and date joined bit! Thank you