General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Inventive Sharron

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 14:33

The one referred to in another thread, has come up with another Scroogey idea. I have not tried this yet but watch this space.

I did post on here that I had found out that the water from a can of butter beans or chick peas will act just like an egg white. You can also use the water you cook your pulses in, but everybody found it boring so I pulled it.

Anyway, becoming obsessed with the idea I suppose, I started thinking what I could do with it. So, I have had a look in the cupboard and found all the old bits of dried up fondant icing that never made it to the Christmas cakes over the years. Some years I have grated them up and mixed them with a bit of glycerine, already, to patch up a bit of icing but have decided that I might grind them all up and have a go at making some meringues with the bean juice which even has a name, it is called aquafaba.

As there is a fair bit of icing to grind I thought I might even have a go at using it to make buttercream.

Waste not want not!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2017 14:36

If you have any left over.......pass it over as i have a couple of loose bricks on my back wall.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 14:41

Don't have time to knock up a bit of pug right now, making delightful concoctions instead!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 Mar 2017 15:50

Not been around for awhile as I have been so wrapped up in the shelter that I volunteer for. so this is the 1st thread that I have read for awhile and I am sorry Sharron but I have to say
PMSL Prickles . :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hope you are keeping well Sharron will we see you at the Sheffield meet this year ?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Mar 2017 15:51

God you must either have very strong arms or a big electricity bill.
A novel way to keep fit.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 15:52

When I am enjoying my bucksheesh meringues, all you will have is wet knickers!

Then I'll laugh!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 Mar 2017 16:13

I will invest in a pack of tenas, saves on the washing of knickers

or I´ll just sit in my mas´s old chair it has a guzunder :-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Mar 2017 16:17

My o.h. Is a qualified pâtissier and has no trouble knocking up meringues.
Last Sunday she served up a strawberry gateau with meringue and cream. Super.

I pass on yr other comment as it may conflict with Dct t&c.

Sugar is 80p kilo in the Co-op.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 16:25

And?

Does that read as 'My mum works in the bakers and sometimes she sends me to the Co-op for some sugar?'

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Mar 2017 16:33

Wow Sharron the thoughts you have....hate to see your brain scan on any given day !

Does one knock up meringues....is that a par to ones buns being in the oven

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2017 17:11

Is Pissy Pants the same as a Qualified P'issier?

Oh no, sorry, it's a P'atissier.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2017 17:23

Hello Uzzi ~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely to see you posting. <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 17:27

From her commode!

Is she a commodo dragon I ask myself!

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Mar 2017 18:44

If she were a commodo dragon would she not so much be a fire breathing dragon but maybe a f@#$ing one......and would that help with the meringues in any way whatsoever ? :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 18:57

Here is something else the inventive Sharron did last week. I bought some big, beautiful oranges on the market. While they looked gorgeous, there was nothing to them, they were gutless inside so chopped up the fruit and set it in some jelly.

The peel, however, has made beautiful candied peel.

Go on, fill your boots!

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Mar 2017 19:19

Do you have shares in Tenas Sharron ?? :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 19:32

Are you laughing at my parsimony?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2017 19:32

Wait for it...........

There is bound to be someone on here who is related to a member of "The Guild of Jam and Preserve Makers Society"

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2017 19:45

Uzzi..............how much longer are you going to be on that commode?

Oi ain't got all night..........i got my p'issier to attend to!

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Mar 2017 19:51

Are you going to pat it?