General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Our Wend

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 09:56

A year ago I was getting ready to make my yearly trip back to the UK in May, when I received a mail from Wend to tell me she would not be able to make it.
Her letter broke my heart, I couldn´t phone her because she couldn´t speak, so all we could do was type to each other, and I discovered after even that was a strain for her.
But she asked me not tell everybody how ill she was. Thankfully she didn´t make me promise. We collected money at that meet to send Wend flowers and goodies all of which was received with so much joy. By then even typing was an ordeal for her.

On the 17th of June 2016 our beautiful, happy, party girl said her farewells and slipped away in the arms of death where pain would no longer trouble her,
She left behind many memories for those of us who would miss her.

On the 17th of June 2017 I will be back in the UK in Sheffield to hold another meet, and this one is in her memory. Back at the place she loved to go. Wend left us some money for the meet so that we could have a drink on her and we will. I know not everybody will be able to make Sheffield but I hope that we can all raise a glass in her memory on that day. As the meet is at 12 o´clock and we have to allow for late comers. I would like to suggest that at 2pm on the 17th of June 2017 we all stop what we are doing and take a minute to remember. Our Wend.

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 10:01

Missed by many :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Apr 2017 10:04

I will not be able to attend the meet but I will be holding up my glass to remember her from here. A truly missed wonderful lady <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 10:09

Island she touched so many lives with love and happiness. Her letter to me said that she would welcome the release that death would bring but she was afraid that so many people would be upset by it and she didn´t know how to put that right.

Mersey

Mersey Report 27 Apr 2017 10:15

<3 <3 Wend <3 <3 will miss her call on your meets as
You all shouted and giggled in the background :-D <3

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 10:32

Uzzi, Wend was one of the few people that felt like an old friend within minutes of meeting her. Most such people have been taken from my life one way or another.
I sometimes wonder why there are so many uptight and bored people in the world - none of us have long so reach out and rejoice I say.

Live it like Wend <3

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Apr 2017 10:34

<3 Wend <3

Missed but not forgotten.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 10:49

Lagooner thank you.

Mersey, we need to put that right if you PM me (or Stray) your number we will phone you at 2pm and giggle down the phone to you :.)

Mr Magoo, You do know that you and Mrs Magoo are going to find your way to Sheffield ? It´s quite easy as it´s a big F*ck off town in the middle of the UK ..well according to my map :-)

Island, I felt the same with Wend re the friend bit. But I no longer wonder too hard as to why morons are alive and good people die. ...I will not tell the conclusion as it would spark a row that GR haven´t seen for many a year ...:-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2017 10:57

Wendy's Kaffir lilies are growing in my garden, they haven't flowered yet but this year they might. :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 11:03

Nyx .. this year they will, :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 12:19

Such a beautiful person, such a help to me when our soninlaw was so ill and then died, and even just before she died she was showing concern in a PM that daughter was OK, so selfless, so much missed by both people who met her and people like me who didn't.

Uzzi mind is a blank, what time will that be where I will be? :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 13:12

Ann you will be in Spain looking after my tribe, so I can be in Sheffield :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 27 Apr 2017 13:54

Lovely Wend very much missed <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 14:56

Uzzi yes I realise that but what time will it be in Spain on 17th June when it is 2pm in UK?

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 14:57

Cocktail time I reckon :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 15:07

Ann it will be 3pm here. just about the right time to crack a bottle on the solarium :-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 27 Apr 2017 17:02

What a lovely gesture Uzzi <3 <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 18:13

Uzzi Mmm sounds good.

Mersey

Mersey Report 27 Apr 2017 18:29

Will do thanks Uzzi...

It wouldn't be the same without the clinks of glasses and whoop whoops
and plenty of laughter from you all :-D :-D <3 <3

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 19:00

I'll let you into a secret Mersey........ ;-)