General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

vacuum cleaner LG, Granny franny help please

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2023 14:59

Granny/LG could you check my query in the last post on here please.

I need to get a new one. I know I am going to get everybody's favourite by asking this but can anyone recommend a cleaner that has good suction, is easy to maintain (if applicable bag change etc) and is not heavy.

Von

Von Report 1 Mar 2023 15:52

Ann
Do you want an upright or cylinder.

Rechargeable or with plug.

I have always had cylinder vacuum cleaners and have a Miele.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Mar 2023 16:11

What sort of floors have you got and an upstairs or not?

If weight is an issue then a pull along or one of those stick ones seem best.

We have a proper vacuum machine for downstairs and then bought a stick type for upstairs so we didn’t have to lug the big one up and down.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2023 16:14

I used to have a cylinder many years ago, it was very good, a Vax, but it was cumbersome and heavy and hard to store.
So preferable an upright that is not heavy to carry upstairs. If I could have a rechargeable cordless that was recommended as efficient I would go for that otherwise with a plug is fine.

Thanks for replying Von.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2023 16:16

I have an upstairs but do have one vacuum that can be left upstairs so, at first (the existing one is not new) I have carpets throughout except in the bathroom and kitchen which are lino

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Mar 2023 16:32

I have the G tec upright and also the handheld which are brilliant, chargable, bag free, cable free and very light

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Mar 2023 16:35

Sounds like our house, Ann. Our upstairs stick is a rechargeable Hoover one. We quite like it and bought our son one for his flat. He hates it :-S

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Mar 2023 16:44

I have a Gtech K9 Upright which is rechargeable....it runs for about 40mins on a full charge which to be honest is plenty of time. It switches from carpet to tiled floor automatically. It doesn't come with any fitments but in addition I have a Gtech Multi K9 which is a small handheld rechargeable vacuum for the stairs but is useful for other things....run time about 20mins. I have the K9 because I have a dog whose fur seems to get everywhere but they do have other versions which aren't as expensive. Both are, I think, lightweight. :-)

Snap LaG :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Mar 2023 16:57

:-D :-D :-D :-D LB

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2023 17:04

Thanks I have Gtech lawn mower and strimmer.. which are good I also have a Gtech Hilite which I don’t find very efficient as the bags are really small.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 1 Mar 2023 17:43

We'll all have our favourites Ann. Perhaps the best thing would be for you to go to a couple of shops and try a few out for ease of handling, weight etc.

Fwiw I am a fan of Dyson. We have a big, heavy old upright which OH likes but I was finding it a bit heavy and difficult to handle on the stairs. So around 3 or 4 years ago we bought a cordless Dyson V10 and have been very pleased with it. The detachable bit is great on stairs and set on medium suction it runs for about 40 minutes on a charge. Both the upright and the cordless have an easy to empty plastic cylinder for the dust so no bags to buy.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2023 18:14

Thanks all plenty fo think about here.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 1 Mar 2023 22:26

We have the Gtech upright and 3 of the hand held. Find them brilliant, bought one for Church too. You may not find them on the High St though.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Mar 2023 22:58

we have a 22volt Gtech, gifted to us by our grandson...TBH i wouldn't buy it....yeah it does a job but needs emptying practically every other day, is flimsy......doesn't do corners very well...need a dustbuster for that....but it was free.....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Mar 2023 07:43

Bob that is probably the one I have, I equate it more to the old carpet sweepers.
Granny Yes I think you can only buy Gtech on line. I get an email from them practically daily since I bought the lawn mower. I will check their cleaners out next time they email.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Mar 2023 10:26

Granny which GTech upright do you have? Belle, I think I have found the K9. I don't have pets so no pet hair but in the bedroom I have very thick hair and it does moult a bit so hair gets on the carpet. The Hylite really doesn't like hair. Looking at their web site thee are several that seem more advanced (yes more expensive but can't take it with me) so I am confused. I will have to take my time and have a good look at them.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 2 Mar 2023 18:17

The one we have is the air ram, plus the multi handheld, you often get them together on an offer. Yes, they fill up quite quickly, if you have a lot of dust, or a fluffy carpet. Easy to empty though and bagless. You need to clean the filters from time to time too.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Mar 2023 21:37

Thank you Granny that is a lot of help

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 3 Mar 2023 11:34

I have a Shark and am really pleased with it for suction and battery life. However the best thing is that the handle folds in half so much easier to store than the conventional upright ones.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 3 Mar 2023 14:04

We have the same as Grannyfranny. The handle of the Air Ram folds down as well so it is very easy to store too.