General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sylvester Saturday

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 1 Jul 2023 08:30

:-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Morning All :-D <3

Bit grey this morning, after all that rain last night. :-(

White Rabbits. July already! :-)

Hope Von is feeling better <3

Have a good day Everyone. <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Jul 2023 08:44

Morning Maddie. :-D <3

I am about to hang out washing because I am not expecting rain and there is a slight breeze, after which I must get ready to present my best face to the world then I am off to see my bestie who is feeling not quite tickety-boo - but I bet she is presenting well as she always does so. (I feel quite the scruff beside her sometimes!)

Von <3 <3 <3

I can't believe how quickly this year is going! It is so running away from me now. :-0

Enjoy your day Maddie. <3 :-D

To all. <3 :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 1 Jul 2023 09:20

Morning Joy :-D <3

Have a lovely day with your friend. I think we all do that, put on a brave face. We are the generation that just gets on with things, and try not to let it get us down. I sam sure just seeing you and having a natter will make her feel ten times better. <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jul 2023 09:45

Morning Maddie and Joy :-)

Bright here. There was fine drizzle yesterday evening, but I don't think we had proper rain.

Always good to meet up with friends :-D... enjoy your visit to see your friend, Joy.

I'm hoping that I'm back in the hearing world by the time my friends and I are due to be 'Ladies that lunch' this coming week.
At the moment, I can't even hear the phone ring :-|

Could be worse, so much worse. I could have missed my lovely school trip if this had happened a couple of days earlier.

July already.... Canada Day today...We have connections with OH's cousins over there. They emmigrated from Scotland as children.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 09:59

Morning Maddie, Joy & Gwyn <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Rather overcast with a fresh wind :-0. The dogs enjoyed themselves even my Mr Plod <3 It was lovely seeing them all playing :-D

It doesn't look like we had heavy rain last night, surprising how localised it is :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 10:00

Joy, have a nice day with your Bestie, hope you find her feeling better <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 10:01

Gwyn, I hope they will be able to see you on Monday <3

I didn't realise it was Canada Day, I'll have to send my cousin and Aunt an email later :-)

Fly

Fly Report 1 Jul 2023 10:38

Morning Maddie :-D <3 Joy :-D <3 Gwyn :-D <3Belle :-D <3

Dull and Blustery here :-0

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 1 Jul 2023 11:35

Morning Gwyn, Belle and Fly :-D <3 <3 <3

Sorry to hear you are suffering a bit with your hearing Gwyn. Hope they kind find a quick fix for you. <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 1 Jul 2023 12:45

Afternoon everyone :-D <3

Damp n drizzly here today, not doing much apart from my crosswords and lunch later :-D :-D

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you get up to :-D :-D

Von…hope you are feeling a little better <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jul 2023 12:51

Thank you Belle and Maddie <3
I'm OK... and it makes me realise how lucky we are to get the help that we do to enable us to manage our lives better.

Canada Day is remembered locally.
305 Canadian casualties from the first World War are buried at Shorncliffe Military Cemetery not too far from here.
Every year to honour them, there is a service of Remembrance on or near Canada day, where local school children attend and each places a posy on a soldier's grave.
It's been happening for many years now to show they are not forgotten even though their loved ones may be too distant to visit.

Von

Von Report 1 Jul 2023 13:33

~~~~~~~ thank you for your good wishes. <3 <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 14:39

Afternoon Fly & Ann <3 <3 :-D :-D

,~~~~~~s to Von <3 <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 14:41

That's interesting Gwyn....I shall tell my Aunt about that in my email later :-)

Fly

Fly Report 1 Jul 2023 19:12

~~~~~~~~~ Von <3 <3 Gwyn <3 <3

Evening :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 1 Jul 2023 19:15

Wotcha :-D <3

Evening Fly <3

Am watching Code of a Killer on ITV X…..Tis interesting/true story :-)

Fly

Fly Report 1 Jul 2023 19:16

Evening Ann :-D <3 don't scare yerself :-0

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 1 Jul 2023 19:19

I remembered the name of the poor girl…she was murdered the year my son was born :-( :-(

Fly

Fly Report 1 Jul 2023 19:20

:-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jul 2023 19:22

Evening Fly & Ann <3 <3 :-D :-D