General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Taj Thursday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Aug 2023 10:16

:-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D

A little damp this morning but fortunately the rain eased before walkies :-D

The results are in, Gt Niece did exceptionally well :-) <3

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2023 10:44

Morning Belle :-)

Lovely news re, your Gt Niece :-D
Is she planning to go on to A levels next?

We had a weather warning in the southeast for torrential rain and thunderstorms :-0

It went very dark between 7 am and 8 o'clock and I hurried to get a washload finished in case the electric went.
We had the lightest of showers about 8.15 and now it's brilliant sunshine :-S

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Aug 2023 11:05

Morning Gwyn <3 :-D

The sun has come out now and it is rather humid. I tracked the thunderstorms they stayed on the south side of the Channel moving along the French coast :-0

Yes, Gt Niece will be going on to do A levels, she got ten 9s in her GCSEs :-0 :-D <3
I must have missed out on those genes ;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2023 11:11

She did so well <3

Has she any idea of career yet... Still early days of course.

Am multitasking listening to doctor's blurb, while I try to get blood test results.

So far, I've got from 8th to 3rd in the queue .........

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Aug 2023 11:24

Gwyn, she wants to go into scientific research, I'm not sure in what area :-0 :-D

Hopefully, they you don't get cut off that's happened to me before :-|. Hope your results are good when you get them :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2023 11:33

Thank you Belle.... No I wasn't cut off ;-)

Liver and kidney function 'normal, no action required', but have to wait for a clinician to look at results for full blood count :-S
I'll wait until next week, as I know from experience that they don't hurry :-|

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 12:08

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

Congratulations to your niece Belle <3 <3

I must have been living under a rock this year as Prince did not have any mocks :-0 :-0

All exams were real time, he had to wait till 10 am before he could enter the school to get his results…..He did good :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Aug 2023 12:15

Afternoon Ann <3 :-D

Well done. Prince <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2023 12:23

Afternoon Ann :-)

Well done Prince :-D

What next for him?

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 12:42

Thank you Belle and Gwyn <3

Year 11 next and more exams Gwyn…then depending on the results probably 6th form college…..they have already been to see a few in the area….or he could just drop out and decide to live on a remote island in the middle of nowhere :-D :-D

Has Joys grandson sat his..or am I making it up :-)

PS…where is Fly

Fly

Fly Report 24 Aug 2023 13:06

Afternoon Bell :-D <3 Gwyn :-D <3 Ann :-D <3 Boooo ;-)

Well done to your Gt Niece Belle :-D
Well done Prince :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 13:23

Well….where you been :-0 :-0 ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Aug 2023 14:24

Afternoon all. <3 :-D

You’re right, Ann. He is still away until 6 Sept so K had go to school to collect the results envelope this morning and we were not allowed to open it. We FaceTimed them and opened the envelope and placed the results to face the screen so he saw them first and could photograph them. He did very well and he has got on to the four A level courses of his first choice.

He is a very cool, calm and collected customer and it looked as though his Mum had just dragged him out of bed when we FaceTimed. I texted back an hour or so later for a chat and he had gone to play golf with his Dad so I never got to speak with him.

Good news for your great-niece, Belle, and for A, Ann.

Gndson 1 (now 21) is away again, too. Gnddtr just came back on Monday but flies off again in four weeks. They take some keeping track now - too much for K and me. :-S

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 24 Aug 2023 14:35

My granddaughter has just got her results - all good so now onto A levels. She has celebrated by having her nose pierced much to my horror and sent a photo to prove it! Yuk!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Aug 2023 14:51

Afternoon Fly, Joy & Sue <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Joy& Sue Congrats to your Grandies too...onwards and upwards ;-) :-D :-D

Sue, I'm with you about nose piercing :-0 ;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 15:02

Aw well done to him Joy and well done to your Grandaughter Susie, it made me giggle about the nose piercing….that would be something my rebel of a Grandaughter would do :-D :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 24 Aug 2023 15:17

Afternoon all. :-D <3

Congratulations to all the youngsters. My grandson also did very well. <3

He is going in to the 6th form at his present school. :-D

Granddaughter has decided not to go to University. Has applied for a couple of apprenticeships. ;-)

We have just been to visit the littlest member of our family. He is a little treasure . Also saw his cousin who is 1 year older. <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 15:22

Well done to him Von <3 <3

I can only say they all must take after their Grandmothers :-D :-D :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Aug 2023 19:17

Knock knock :-D :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 24 Aug 2023 19:17

Evening :-D