General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Truly Tuesday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fly

Fly Report 26 Sep 2023 09:33

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Morning Everyone :-D :-D :-D :-D

Dull :-0 Wet :-0 And Windy Here :-0 :-D :-D :-D

<3 <3 <3 For All In Need <3 <3 <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 09:40

Morning Fly <3 :-D

Just deleted mine ;-) :-D

Dry walkies.....sun is out but thunder storms forecasted :-S :-S

Fly

Fly Report 26 Sep 2023 09:42

Morning Belle :-D <3 :-0 never saw yours :-0

Thundering over in the Leeds area :-0 hope it stays there :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 09:51

I was after you Fly :-D :-D

Sun is still shining here but rain on the way, hopefully it will have fizzled out by the time it reaches us :-0

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Sep 2023 10:06

Morning Fly and Belle :-)

A bit dull, gentle breeze and dry here.

Having a morning off from school trying to shift this cold.... or at least not spread it.

DNA results back quicker than expected.

Got to sort through them now ;-)

Von

Von Report 26 Sep 2023 10:11

Morning all :-D <3

Was bright and sunny but very dull now :-(

Tidying the studio today so I have some room to work ;-) ;-)

Fly

Fly Report 26 Sep 2023 10:20

So you did not look Belle :-0 :-0

Morning Gwyn :-D <3 have fun ;-)

Morning Von :-D <3 go steady :-0 ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 10:31

Morning Gwyn.....wishing you better <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 10:31

Morning Von.....will you chuck anything out though :-0 ;-) <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 10:32

I did Fly but you snucked in .......as usual ;-) :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 10:35

Is it an Ancestry DNA Test, Gwyn :-0

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Sep 2023 10:49

Yes Belle.... I'm related to my grandson :-D .....and some known cousins.

I have a fairly close link to someone, whose test is being managed by someone else, so I'm trying to sort that one out :-S

No real surprises. They were as follows

England & Northwestern Europe
44%
Your community with a connection to this ethnicity regionYour connection to this ethnicity region may come through ancestors from this community.
Central Southern England
Hampshire & Isle of Wight
Wales
43%
Your community with a connection to this ethnicity regionYour connection to this ethnicity region may come through ancestors from this community.
Wales
Mid Wales

Norway
5%
Sweden & Denmark
4%
Germanic Europe
4%

Hoped for more links on my mother's side, to help solve the identity of a mystery ancestor, but I haven't looked fully at the results yet.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Sep 2023 10:52

Sorry Von.. Good morning :-)

Tidying in readiness for a new project ?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 11:33

Gwyn,

I'm

36% Ireland, Monaghan in particular and Castleblaney is highlighted as a place of interest which fits in with what I have found out about my maternal grandfather's side.

32% England and Northwestern Europe, in particular East Midlands and the Potteries which is my father's side.

13% Sweden and Denmark, this percentage has grown as their database has grown. I've yet to find a Scandinavian connection but this is on my father's side.

10% France. I thought this would be a higher percentage and is from my maternal grandmother's side.

6% Scotland. Mostly from my father's side but haven't yet found that connection. I expect they were originally from the Scandinavian side.

2% Germanic Europe from my mother's side.

1% Basque from my mother's side, think this is connected with the Irish.

I find it interesting on Ancestry that they can split the ethnicity between parents and likewise your DNA matches which helps when you are looking at one particular parent.

I see that Ancestry have an Ethnicity Update coming soon, each time they do this it helps to narrows things down further:
Our Sept 2023 update will add 4 new regions and big improvements in 2 regions. Check back soon for your update!-

Edit

It is interesting I have some first cousins from my mother's side who have done an Ancestry DNA test and it interesting to see how their ethnicity inheritance differs to mine on their mother's side ie more French and less Irish with Indigenous North American thrown into the pot :-0 :-0

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Sep 2023 11:57

I'm not aware of a Scandinavian link either, but skin tone and blue eyes for many known family on both sides make that entirely possible.

Grandson's Irish connection is not evident in my results, so we wait to see what his mother's results show. :-S

I have many more DNA links on my father's side, but it's my Welsh side where I could do with links to sort out all those traditional Welsh surnames, especially when for example Davies married Davies :-0 :-0

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 26 Sep 2023 13:25

Afternoon everyone :-D <3

Cloudy and some rain off and on here this morning….a tad windy as well :-0 :-0

Interesting Gwyn :-)

Off to make a cuppa and see what there is to eat :-)

Von

Von Report 26 Sep 2023 13:26

Gwyn
Hope you feel a bit better today

I feel your pain. Both my great grannies were Mary Davies ;-) ;-)

Luckily for me my maternal family, except for my mother, didn’t move far from home

so certificates managed to sort out their families ;-) ;-)

Belle I have been ruthless and have thrown away a few bits of paper :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 13:34

Afternoon Ann <3 :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 13:38

Well I bet that makes a difference Von :-0. Are you sure you want to throw them away ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Sep 2023 13:58

Gwyn, I have a similar problem on my mother's french side ie Joseph Gallant marries Marie Gallant and they have children Joseph and Marie and it goes on and on :-0 Doesn't help that each family had at least 14 children :-0. I have nearly 50,000 DNA matches on my mother's side but only about 10,000 on my father's :-0 I have found a site that gives Acadian marriages from 1815 for my mum's Island and it gives the bride and groom's parents names however there are some gaps in the years but at least it helps a bit :-)