General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Update on Joe (age 10, at Gt Ormond St.)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy

Joy Report 2 Aug 2006 16:36

To all who have been keeping Joe in their thoughts and prayers, I so much wish I had better news to pass on. Have just heard that he's had an internal bleed and has been transferred from Gt Ormond St Children's Hosp to Royal College Hospital. Not good news but he is in good hands and we can only hope and pray that he will pull through. This is the first news on Joe that my cousin has rec'd since my last post. As promised I'll let you know when we hear more. Thank you as always for your much needed thoughts and prayers. (story on my previous threads re. Joe) Joyxxx Update 27/8/06 Delighted to tell you that I've finally had the following news; Joe has had all the drainage tubes removed and is now walking with the help of a zimmer frame - he's on the mend at last, thank the Lord. And we truly do, with no doubt in our minds at all that your prayers have been heard. Thank you all again for all your prayers and positive thoughts for this little lad. Will let you know when I hear anything about the documentary on channel five re. Joe's illness and recovery. Love, Joy xxx

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 2 Aug 2006 16:44

As you say at least he is in the best possible hands. Thoughts are with his parents too who must be at their wits ends.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Aug 2006 16:50

I will continue to think of him, poor little boy he is having a rough time of it. Ann Glos

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 2 Aug 2006 18:31

Loving thoughts for brave little Joe,poor lad he's been through such a lot. Mau (((XXX)))

McAlp

McAlp Report 2 Aug 2006 18:40

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time, thanks for letting us know, poor lamb. Ann

Sunny Rosy

Sunny Rosy Report 2 Aug 2006 18:44

Continuing prayers for Joe. Sunny

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 2 Aug 2006 18:50

Oh Poor Joe. Continued thoughts and prayers for you love. Come on you can beat this. catherine xx

Joy

Joy Report 2 Aug 2006 21:17

Penny, both Ann's, Mau,Sunny and Catherine, thank you all so much for your messages. I've only just come back on to the boards and seen them. So many kind people have responded on my earlier threads and I know that they are with Joe and his family all the way, so your ongoing support is acknowledged with love and gratitude, no need to post again on here because your silent thoughts and prayers mean just as much, bless you all. Joyxxx

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 2 Aug 2006 21:18

Oh poor Joe, bless him. Joe and his family and friends are still in my thoughts and prayers. Love Mandy xx

Joy

Joy Report 2 Aug 2006 21:41

Thanks, Mandy. Jxx

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 2 Aug 2006 21:42

I will continue to remember him in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully he will turn a corner soon. Kaye x

Howie

Howie Report 2 Aug 2006 22:43

Joe keep on fighting I will say a special prayers for you and keep you in my thoughts get well soon Howiexxxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Aug 2006 02:20

Bless him, hope things look up for Joe soon, and his parents find the strength from somewhere to cope with all they have had to deal with lately. Will be thinking positive thougths for Joe. Liz

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 3 Aug 2006 02:37

I still think of Joe when I am thinking of all my nearest and dearest who are suffering at the moment. May he soon turn that corner and be well again. Come on Joe, you can do it. Jenny and Gaynor Bear. xxx

Joy

Joy Report 27 Aug 2006 21:17

Please see update in main message above. Thanks, Joy xxx

~irishgirl~

~irishgirl~ Report 27 Aug 2006 21:21

Poor, poor darling, i'm praying that he makes a speedy recovery. Could we send cards to him anywhere?? Love n hugs and lots of them.

Carol

Carol Report 27 Aug 2006 21:21

Brilliant news Joy! Hope Joe makes a good recovery! Thanks for letting us know. Carol x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Aug 2006 21:22

Joy thats wonderful news about little Joe. I do hope he now continues to improve. Thanks for the update.i have been following your thread but not posted before

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Aug 2006 21:22

Fantastic news Joy Ann Glos

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 27 Aug 2006 21:24

Little Joe.....so many people are thinking of you darlin, keep well, Cazxxxxxxxxx