Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANy descendants of Connie Parkhouse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Sep 2011 19:01

Constance( Connie?) Parkhouse was born in 1915 in Exeter devon.England. She had an older sister Margaret known as meg and an older brother called Charles. She was only 2 when dad died in World War I,and 5 when her Mum (Ellen) died in 1920 of Flu in Exeter. they were all split up- she likely went to an orphanage-her brother did-but no-one ever saw Connie again as far as we can tell or anyone can remember. (Meg stayed in Exeter as she was older and went into service)
Could she have been your Granny? is she in your tree as an 'adoptee'? I would love to hear from anyone who can shed any light on her life.

Connie Parkhouse-any bells ringing for anybody?

Her Date of birth was

06/05/1915

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Sep 2011 19:19

Do you have her exact birth date? If she died England/Wales after 1969 it's possible to search for deaths using this, wth just her first name.

I see she was born as plain Constance but I am putting this for future ref. just in case.

Name: Constance Isabel Parkhouse
Birth Date: 28 Mar 1915
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1971
Age at Death: 56
Registration district: Redbridge
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 5d
Page: 1935

Jan

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Sep 2011 19:38

Her Date of birth was

06/05/1915

Thanks Jan-forgot that!!
I have tried before with deaths-but there were so many didn't know where to start. Did try about 4 yerars ago contacting people with Constance ? in their tree but thought there so many more paople on here now that it might just ring a bell with someone-stab in the dark really!

managed to trace the brother and sister though!-so it is possible. :-)

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Sep 2011 19:42

as you said FAIRTHORN- no!. thanks for all your help everybody

Please don't spend too long on grovelling through records unless you relaly want to-I posted more hoping to attract someones attention who 'knew' her and recognised the story. I've been over the records so many times and nothing seems to fit. Course she may have been brought up and married under a different name too.-(although her brother Charles wasn't.) but he was a bit older than her too.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Sep 2011 20:00

Think thats one I did! not 100% sure-but sadly looks familiar

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jan 2014 15:51

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1329957