Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone have a Constance in their family?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 16 Aug 2013 22:52

I have tried before-but trying again in case it's picked up by somebody new. My Great gran had a daughter called Constance Parkhouse born in 1915 Exeter Devon. She was Orphaned in 1920 and her school record just says'left the district'. Have tried Barnardos's but nothing. Her brother was unformally adopted and went to live in Birmingham-but never saw her again. An older sister kept her name and stayed and lived in Devon all her life-I am unsure whetehr she ever knew what happened to her little sister. Sadly although the older sister married there were no children from the marriage.
The Older brother married and had a child called Constance. (See below)

Parkhouse Constance D Mann Birmingham 9c 707 This was her marriage,

YOUNG Constance just vanishes. DOB 6/05/1915 Hope one day to find out her life was a good one :)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Aug 2013 23:37

Just for background:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1280408

Aussietrish

Aussietrish Report 17 Aug 2013 06:55

have you considered that she may have been sent to Canada/Australia or New Zealand.A significant number of these children were given new names. might be worth contacting these organisations .

Ru

Ru Report 17 Aug 2013 07:35

Mother's maiden name was Sargent. Maybe try the Sargent family - Search Trees to see if anyone has the mother in their tree.

Good luck

Sappho

patchem

patchem Report 17 Aug 2013 07:52

In that previous thread some postings have been deleted.
I think that shows that you should never remove information as people keep on looking through the years.
Can you remember if they were of any help in ruling out people?
Thank-you

martynsue

martynsue Report 17 Aug 2013 15:17

did her mum and dad have brother's or sister's.
my grandfather was orphaned and he was brought up by his mum's sister.

Ru

Ru Report 17 Aug 2013 20:58

martynsue,

My thoughts exactly. Sometimes family do step in and help and this although only a 'maybe' is what happened in this case.

Sappho

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 7 Jan 2014 14:59

Computers been down for sooooo long! No wasn'ttaken in by other family-have managed to rule them out one by one. Just seems to have disappeared! ty anyway

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 7 Jan 2014 14:59

Computers been down for sooooo long! No wasn'ttaken in by other family-have managed to rule them out one by one. Just seems to have disappeared! ty anyway

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Jan 2014 15:47

do you have her exact date of birth?

after 1969 the deaths index records date of birth if it was known.

You could search for any Constance born on the right date and try to trace back to see whether any matches your Constance of can't be accounted for otherwise.

edit, well stupid me, you put the date in your post, 6 May 1915

several Constance deaths with that date

only two with no middle name, Day in 1987 in Portsmouth and Gamble in 2007 in Nottinghamshire ... you have probably looked into them ...