Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lemon family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 17 May 2012 21:58

I'm looking for any living relatives of my grandfather. Robert lemon he was born in Ballymoney in 1935, his mother was Kathleen and father was Samuel. we think Robert had a brother called Thomas. We know that Robert married in Manchester in 1956 but have no trace of his since. did he re marry or have any other children? Thank you for any help.

Penny

Penny Report 17 May 2012 22:31

It looks, at a guess, that he had at least two children.

Kathleen Lemon & Stephen Lemon

Penny

Penny Report 18 May 2012 05:51

do you knowhis actual birthdate?

this looks possible

Name: Robert Lemmon
Birth Date: 2 Dec 1935
Date of Registration: Jan 1989
Age at Death: 53
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 38
Page: 948

you might like to see who registered this death

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ValT

ValT Report 18 May 2012 09:03

Jennifer, if you search the trees on GR for the names you mention above you will find that there are 3 people with Robert 1935 in their tree. Also others have Stephen and Kathleen.
You should contact them and maybe they can help you.

Penny

Penny Report 18 May 2012 19:09

in reply to a PM

I dont have his death cert. What I looked up in the index was any potential deaths . It just happened to be the righr one.

Might be worth sending for to see who registered the death- maybe his wife or a subsequent child

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 18 May 2012 21:01

hi penny. is there any way I can order his death cert, via the internet or phone? that you know off.

Thanks

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 May 2012 21:40

You can order certificates from -

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Reggie

Reggie Report 27 May 2013 10:26

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1325464

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 May 2013 09:18

As the dup thread on Genealogy chat has been 'Reported', the following post are copied over
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jennifer Report 27 May 2013 11:00

i have the marriage for Robert and Lillian and Kathleen is my mum and Stephen is my uncle, the trouble we have is that Lillian was married at least 6 times and it looks like she never got a divorce and she also lied on all her marriage cefts, either with name or age. when Robert and Lillian split she married again and put the children up for adoption as her new husband didn't want the younger children but was happy to keep the older ones from another marriage that Lillian had had. am going to order the death ceft and go from there and see if i can find any family and maybe hunt down a photo. thank you to every one for there help
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jennifer says above that she is going to order the DC to see who the informant was.