Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hagues

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 25 Jun 2013 00:22

Does anyone know what happened to Eric and his sister Ann who were young children living down Dumbarton Avenue, Clyde Street in Hull during the war years 1940-45ish any information would be gratefully received.

jax

jax Report 25 Jun 2013 00:32

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1326961

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jun 2013 10:38

Friends reunited has a 'street' section............check it out

How 'young' were they?

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jun 2013 22:54

There are not many children called Ann or Eric Hague born from 1935 to 1941 showing on free bmd. Unfortunately none of them seem to have the same parents. Do you have any further information on them? (They could be showing on ancestry but not free bmd). Most are born in the Yorkshire area, if not Hull.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2013 10:11

I have had several PM's...........they are thought to have been 'under 5'

Please, Tate...use the large white box below the replies on here.

And please try to do some research...............use freebmd to try to identify their births.

Have you looked for them yourself? Please tell us where............

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jun 2013 19:49

Is that both under 5 in 1940, or in 1945?
It does make a difference.
There are some Hagues (Eric and Ann) in peoples' trees on here - have you contacted them?

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 26 Jun 2013 20:36

Eric and Ann we assume are not using the surname Hagues as they were born out of wedlock. Hagues is the surname of their father. I think Eric and Ann use their mothers surname which I do not know. All I know is that they lived at 7 Dumbarton Avenue, Clyde Street, Hull around 1940-45, they could of been born in this period. They then moved away without a trace. Thank you

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 26 Jun 2013 20:45

I have tried everything I know but there is no electrol roles for this period. I have searched Kelly's wor k directors for a previous address for their father but he was living with his parents before moving in with Eric and Ann's mother during the period 1940-1945. When the mother and children left they split from their father. That father is also my father and I have only recently found out the story.both my father and mother are no longer living, our cousin has given us the information which she remembered but she was only young herself. We need Eric and Ann's surname to trace them, could you please advise us were to look thank you Mandy

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 26 Jun 2013 21:10

My father was married in 1945 to a different lady (Dorris) so I can narrow the time span down further 1940-44 thank you Mandy

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jun 2013 23:21

Do you know if their mother was unmarried when she met your father?
Have you looked on free bmd for children born in Hull called Eric with no Father's surname?
e.g. Births Mar 1940
Barron Eric P Barron Hull
and then looked to see if there is also an Ann with the same parentage?
As free bmd does not have complete coverage of the war years, do you have access to genes records, or FMP or ancestry?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Jun 2013 01:35

Did you father marry twice? I see children to both marriages. Would the other family know more?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Jun 2013 03:14

There should be electoral registers for 1939 and 1945. Have you looked at those?

Rose

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 27 Jun 2013 07:53

My father married twice, the 1st marriage was to Doris who sadly died in 1951 and the again in 1953 to Edith-Olive my mam. I know all the children from these marriages but dad never married Eric and Ann's mam. I have checked the electrol roles for 1939 and 1945 but they never had an Eric or an Ann. I also checked were my father lived 1931-1939 in case he had lived elsewhere in Hull with this lady but my dad was on the electrol role all of the period at 5 BP Avenue (his parents house). Thank-for your time Mandy

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 27 Jun 2013 07:57

My sister is working through the BDM website for Eric's with no father and trying to match it up with an Ann but it takes a long time. We don't know if Eric's mam had been married before, one theory we had is she could have already been married and her husband had gone to war. Mandy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2013 08:39

Is there any reason to think that these children were fathered by your father?

Electoral Rolls list only people eligible to vote...............in those days aged 21 and above

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2013 08:39

Have you looked yet at Friends reunited?

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 27 Jun 2013 09:42

We know that these children were definitely fathered by my dad, it was a known fact way back then and his parents fell out with him, as in those days it was slanderous to have a child out of wedlock. Years later when my dad was on his 2nd marriage a young man knocked at the door and asked for my dad by name, my older sister answered the door and called for our dad. Then my sisters were told to wait upstairs while my mam and dad talked to him. The next morning my mam said to the sister who had answered the door to him," do you know that man that came to our house last night was your brother Eric, ask your dad tonight", but she never did. Months later Eric appeared in the Hull Daily Mail for receiving an award, mam saw it and said to my sister " oh look there's your brother Eric and sister Ann in the paper" my sister looked at it, so it does exist but wasnt interested then. We are also going through all the Hull Daily Mails 1958-1963 which we have thought the mst likely years on micro -film at the Hull History Centre but again this is like looking for a needle in a haystack and very time consuming. Thank you Mandy

patchem

patchem Report 28 Jun 2013 06:55

There are about 60 births for 'Eric' in Hull from 1940 to 1944.
2 might also have a daughter Ann - but one of those is a Stephenson/Smith combination.
The other, Holgate/Welbourn, also has a later child.

Just wondered how you will know which is the correct family if there are several possibilities, and it is with a mother who is separated from her husband but not an unmarried mother.

Added:
If your sister is using free bmd, lots of war births are not yet transcribed.

Steppingstone

Steppingstone Report 28 Jun 2013 07:41

Hi Eric has a sister called Ann not a daughter Thanks

jax

jax Report 28 Jun 2013 13:22

Patchem was not saying Ann was a daughter of Eric

She was saying there are 60 births for an Eric and two of the combinations of names may also have a daughter called Ann