Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family link

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra

sandra Report 26 Jul 2013 18:43

Hi,
l have sent messages to a Karen Shield, whos father is Charles Rogan Shield,
but have not had a reply, could anyone help me,
this man is my brother-in law.
thanks
Sandra :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jul 2013 19:13

She may no longer be a member or has changed her email address.

Have the messages been opened?

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 20:03

Her membership number is only a couple of years old...but that doesn't mean she hasn't changed it or she may just delete any emails from GR

sandra

sandra Report 26 Jul 2013 20:56

Hi, many thanks for your replies,seems silly not to answer emails when you are doing your tree doesn't it ,
Sandra :-(

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 21:11

Some people join as a free member add a few names and never come back.

Had anyone sent me a message in the first three years I probably would have ignored it, I joined 2007 added my name and went away not to touch the site again until 2010.

I noticed my daughter had started a tree last year with herself, me and her father in...I sent her a message she still hasn't opened it...whether she used a different email or just not bothered as she probably would not know who I am as I am not using my real name...I don't know..... perhaps I should ask her :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2013 21:49

If she has changed her e-mail address, and not advised GR of the change, she will not have had notification from GR

When did you send the message?

Have you allowed for the fact that she may be ill.....on holiday........busy with her life?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Sep 2013 22:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1331958

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1321661

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Oct 2013 11:54

Charles R Shield last appears on the ER in 2009................

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 7 Oct 2013 12:38

KAREN FOUND

:-D