Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terence O'Keefe Canadian Electeral Roll

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mollymalone

Mollymalone Report 30 Nov 2013 18:36

Terry went to Canada in 1960, he sailed from Salford Docks, the boat was the Manchester Miller travelling to Hamilton Nova Scotia. I had help on here in 2009 when I was sent a copy of his boarding card which I was thrilled as his sister Pat ha d heard nothing from him for the past 50years. Terry was brought up in care with his sister and two brothers his brothers have since past away. Would love to find out what happened to him for his sister's sake. He was born in March 1935 in Manchester if anyone can help trace Terry I would be very grateful

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Dec 2013 08:53

Am only picking up still his emigration card that you already have

ann

ann Report 1 Dec 2013 09:59

There is a Mrs Terence O'keefe and a Terence O'Keefe living in Peterborough Ontario in 1962., Don't seem to be anything else.

Just had another look and don't think its him. There is a family of O'Keefes living in Peterborough Ontario and a little girl was born early 1930's and died and her father was listed

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Dec 2013 11:04

You could write to all the T O'Keefe's listed on Canada's online phone book

http://www.canada411.ca/search/si/2/terence+okeefe/Canada/

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Dec 2013 11:07

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=556771

Obituary for a Susan Elizabeth nee O'Keefe which mentions a father Terry. Location is Peterborough, ON not NS

ann

ann Report 1 Dec 2013 14:10

The address in 1962 for Mrs Terence O'Keefe and Terence O'Keefe was 728 Fairbairn St . Peterborough Ontario. You could try writing but it is a old address

Mollymalone

Mollymalone Report 1 Dec 2013 18:04

Thank you Ann,Shirley and Detective for your most helpful replies, in 2009 a very helpful member sent me a list of T O'Keefe's and on behalf of his elderly sister I wrote to each one. Though I had stated that if they were not the Terry I was looking for they need not reply. One did write back to me saying that though he had the same name and had emigrated from Manchester he was 20years younger than my Terry and wished me luck, which I thought was very nice of him. Really I could only match one if they had the same birth date of March 1935.

Thank you once again. Sorry for delay I am getting Error server and it's touch and go if this gets sent.
Maureen

ann

ann Report 1 Dec 2013 19:40

I have just found that Mrs Terence O'Keefe was Joan and married to Terence. They were still at that address in 1972. You could write to the undertakers that Det found as that was not so long ago.

Mollymalone

Mollymalone Report 2 Dec 2013 19:01

Ann,

Thank you, I am going to write to the address and also get in touch with the funeral co as suggested by Det. I will never know if I don't try so I am going for it.

Kind regards
Maureen