Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Agnes Hines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hines

Hines Report 9 Feb 2014 15:17

I am looking for Agnes Hines who was born in Manchester in April 1934. Her mother was Ellen Hines nee Walsh. I am a cousin on the 'Walsh' side of the family. PLEASE only contact me if you have specific information regarding Agnes, or her family, as I have already done lots of research and have found other members of the 'Hines' family. R D Walsh

jax

jax Report 9 Feb 2014 15:34

So you don't like replies then?

related to this thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1337198

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Feb 2014 09:42

As you deleted the other threads (with replies) about this woman and her brother Peter, I doubt that anyone will bother to try to help you again

You didn't even have the good manners to acknowledge the replies....................

Hines

Hines Report 10 Feb 2014 12:38

To Jax and Reggie---- Having received many replies that told me what I already knew I am trying to narrow replies down to ones from Agnes's children---if she has any---or herself. I am sure your replies are helpful to new-comers of family research but I have been doing this for 25 years and this is one of my 2 last avenues to try.

jax

jax Report 10 Feb 2014 13:38

You may have been doing this for 25 years.....but you do not seem to understand how these boards work

You put up a request for help....people try to help

If you then delete a thread with replies, then start another, other people come along and give you the same advice and ask the same questions

I don't know how many people you think will see this...but it is not millions or thousands......probably not more than a 100

Yes one day in 5 years 10 years maybe sooner or never, someone may google their names and find it and if they should wish to pay for a membership (if they do not already have one) to contact you they will

patchem

patchem Report 10 Feb 2014 18:18

Thank-you. jax, for explaining how we try to help.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Feb 2014 23:46

Perhaps if you mentioned what you already know regarding Ellen, her children, whether you have purchased birth certificates, etc, people wouldn't be informing you of what you already know.

Now, please can you tell us if Agnes was adopted or what you know of Mr Hunter who appears to be Agnes' and her younger sister's father?

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 11 Feb 2014 03:29

Using Rose's findings & another person's thread

(Ellen Hines (nee Walsh)(known as Nellie)born on14.07.1900)

Name: HUNTER, Ellen
Registration district: Luton
County: Bedfordshire
Year of registration: 1988
Month of registration: February
Date of Birth:14 July 1900
Volume no: 9
Page no: 502
Reg no: 288

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Feb 2014 10:24

Rose