Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

192 electoral or address and tel no search pls

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Apr 2014 22:31

I am looking for Anthony Higgins aged 49 preferably in Sheffield but could be living almost anywhere.. Can anyone do me a search pls. Thank you so much

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2014 22:49

Why do you wish to have info about him?

Are you related?

Have you looked in the phone book?

You can do a free search yourself on 192..............see if anything is listed for him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2014 22:52

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1336923

Plus an earlier one which was deleted....................

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 00:38

There are several men listed on the commercial Sheffield ER, some with a middle initial.

On http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/ there are 4 x A Higgins, 2 of whom have 2nd initials

As you seem to request ER look ups fairly regularly, could you explain the reasoning please?

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 07:06

I am looking for a birth relative that was born in Sheffield.. He may well have moved out of the city though and could be anywhere.. He does have a middle name it is Anthony Paul Higgins.. He was placed in care all his life..
Thank you for your help

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2014 08:51

Wendy if you look at www.192 site you will see it is expensive so people will hardly have spares credits to do look ups for others

You can do a free search on there yourself to see if anything comes up .

Bear in mind though lots of people have opted out of being on the public electoral rolls :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 08:51

Try looking for info yourself.....................

He would not be 'in care' for all his life, unless he had problems

And on your other threads, you ascribed to him an alternative surname.

Please abide by site guidelines, which state ONE post per topic

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 09:43

Reggie can u seriously stop commenting on my posts.. Your nothing but rude and negative and I am going to report you if you don't stop it!!!!!! He was in care all his life and the reason I have made a new post is because I have discovered more information recently to his name being what I have now suggested!!!! U NEVER offer advise only ever respond with rude comments... Ie why don't you look yourself!!!!! GO AWAY!!!! Excuse me but I thought that is what this web site was for!!!!!! Help with research!!!!!!!

Thank you for the suggestion Shirley and I have looked but on my mobile I can't view much.. I am a single parent and tbh I don't have the funds to pay for credits... However if I get some nice person giving me the info needed then it's a bonus.... If no one can help me because they can't spare the credits then I have lost nothing asking.... I do however really appreciate your reply.. Thank you shirley... For anyone else if I can get any help pls inbox me thank you so much

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 10:13

None of the Anthony Higgins listed on GR have the middle initial of P

A free search with no geographical limit on www.livingrelativesearch.co.uk gives 13 results throughout the UK for Anthony P.

Many people opt out of the commercial ER which could make finding him more difficult. If he was/has been in care 'all his life', depending on his cognitive ability, he may not be on the ER.

Try facebook - he might go by the name of Tony

Try writing to the addresses found on http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/ - you have nothing to lose. You could also take the partial post codes as a guide from livingrelativessearch to see if they are in the phonebook.

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 12:36

Thank you detective that's very helpful and I have learnt of a new website there.. Thanks so much I do really appreciate any help x

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 12:52

does anyone have any good websites where i could search the same info for IRELAND please

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 12:57

For Eire on an internet search

eircom phonebook online: residential and business name ...
www.eircomphonebook.ie/?
Eircom is the principal provider of fixed-line telecommunications services in Ireland with approximately 2.6 million fixed-line telephone access channels in ...

11890 Residential and People Numbers Ireland - Search
www.11890.ie/search/people-listings-search.aspx?
Using 11890 People Search you can search for Irish residential listings nationwide. ... your result(s) you will see the persons name, address and phone number. ... are looking for may be ex-directory and therefore not listed with any Directory ...

I'm not sure if you will find current ER on line - what with The Troubles in NI, even recent Ulster BMD are difficult to access.

The BT phone book will cover N Ireland & Scotland

jax

jax Report 11 Apr 2014 13:34

You do realise that the electoral rolls are also on Genes and Find my past which is a lot cheaper than 192.com if you don't have a sub and just want credits

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 15:13

Thank you both for your replys.. I'm learning lots today thank you soo much... I've gone round and round with this one.. It's been hard work.. He's my husbands half brother and given into care very young by his mother., his father is my father in law and was told by the mother she was bringing him up.. After all theses yrs we found that she didn't do this.. So Anthony does not know about his father or even his name therefore will NEVER look for him.. She told me when I found her on Facebook that she can't remember how old he was when she gave him up!! I didn't believe that but have to accept that.. I spoke to social services who told me he was in care and at 16 was in supported accommodation... Yet his birth certificate says adopted... It has been suggested that his mothers first husband could have adopted him. His mum won't confirm this so thSts why I have been searching for him too to ask him as they divorced years ago!! He was also fostered for a time so I have to search 3 different surnames... The boy has 10 siblings that he knows nothing about so I have to find him... He was appently a bad lad as a youngster but it's not surprising being brought up in care.. Social services have wished me luck but can't give me any more information due to data protection... Just wanted to give u background on this
Thanks

Christine

Christine Report 11 Apr 2014 21:53

In my area young people in care are normally moved into Supported Lodgings from 16 to 18 years of age. It very much depends on whether they are mature and capable enough to manage. Young people sometimes stay with their foster carers until they are 18 and legally an adult. They may stay longer if they are in full-time education and the carer agrees to keep them on, but they are no longer 'in care'.

Supported Lodgings can be a room in someone's house where they can have a bit more freedom and where they will be helped to cook, budget etc. It can also mean a bedsit in a shared house, or purpose-built accommodation.

It may well be that the adoption broke down (for a myriad of reasons) in which case he would have been taken back into care.

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Apr 2014 22:58

Thanks for that Christine.. I'm thinking it may have broken down as he wouldn't have been in supported lodgings otherwise... The social was the one that suggested he may have been adopted by his mum husband as she didn't realise he had been.. I am assuming because he ended up back in care .. That's where their record ends for him.. His mum married a man 1 yr after Anthony was born.. So quite possible he adopted him... She says she can't remember how old he was when she gave him up so I'm thinking it couldn't have been close to birth as she would have just said.. I need to find Her ex husband.. I'm coming to Sheffield on bank holiday and I will go to his last known address and fingers crossed he will talk to me x thanks for everyone's help x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 13:19

From the other thread.....for background

Can anyone do an electoral search for Anthony P Lakin... in the Sheffield area..Not sure if this information can be gotton from the Sheffield Archives or from the council itself... I would like to know from him being around 18 yrs old which would be the year 1984 onwards

Thank you

Wendy

Wendy Report 13 Apr 2014 15:33

Thank you

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Apr 2014 14:11

Hi everyone... update:
pls can anyone help:

It has now been confirmed by Anthonys adopted father as i managed to trace him and call him last night. that Anthony was put into care at around aged 3 as the adopted father was arrested for assault on the 3 year old.. it later transpired that it was the mum who did this.

Anyway His name is Anthony Higgins. as this was changed from lakin (his birth name) to higgins on adoption... What i already knew was that he was in supported accomodation at age 16.. what im wondering now is. is there any way of searching the electoral rolls for the period 1981 onwards to try to trace where Anthony went... or if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate this..
Thank you
Wendy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2014 15:58

Those older electoral rolls aren't online Wendy
You would have to look in the local main Library for the area and I believe they are by address anyway and not searchable by name .