Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Phone number lookup help?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 28 May 2014 23:12

Hi after many many years searching I have an address of someone whom I believe is the long lost auntie I've been looking for..hopefully it's the right one? Anyway I have an address but my aunt would be aged around 78 and I'm not sure if I write she will be able to respond etc? So I have been looking for a number for her but can't find one? Not sure if that's because she doesn't have one or I'm looking in the wrong place? Her name is Edna J Lockyer and the address I believe is hers is the in the London postcode Nw3 can any one help, it really would be a lot easier if I could find a number to ring and confirm than to write, Plus I am impatient to find out!! :)

jax

jax Report 29 May 2014 02:40

Have you looked here

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

She may be ex directory as are most people I know including me

Why would she not be able to respond to a letter at 78?

Helen

Helen Report 29 May 2014 10:15

hi hoe old is Edna could you tell me if this her married name helen

Petef

Petef Report 29 May 2014 10:39

It would be infinitely better if you wrote to her rather than phone her out of the blue.

Why do you think she is too old to receive a letter at 78?

Peter

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 11:36

Hi all, thanks for the replies :) She isn't too old, I just worry about everything and this is too important and I will probably end up just sending a letter anyway I was just exploring the option of ringing first as I know that way she has received me, By letter anything can go wrong... Royal mail for a start .. lol What if my letter is not received and I wait and wait and nothing, so I don't send another because I assume she isn't the right lady? :/

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 11:37

Thanks Jax, I've tried that one, probably is ex directory.

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 11:47

Hello Helen, no Lockyer is her Maiden name.. It's a very long story but basically I think what has happened is she has married a man called Terence p. Noonan in 1970 and from what the family 'rumoured' is that they had what they called a 'quickie divorce' I've looked and searched for children... for more marriages and I can't find anything solid. I think I found a sister but she's not been on Genes for 4 years so no response, plus I heard from the husband of her cousin, from her elderly aunt that Edna cut herself of from her fathers side of the family and the last anyone heard she was in the chalk farm area of London, she was estranged from her mum (My nana) and my mum her sister, a very long time ago and I am trying to reunite my mother and Edna again (or Joyce as she was known). I have explored the options of different names, looked for death certificates , again nothing solid and now I am thinking maybe just maybe .. after her divorce, she went back to using her maiden name and never remarried.. So I looked and a matching name in the chalk farm area of London has come up!! So .. I am praying, hoping my hunch is right? It's a long shot but one I hope pays off.. so you see I am desperate to know quickly, I am bubbling with excitement and trepidation.. I hope it's her..

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 11:49

Oh and I have looked and their are only THREE Edna J Lockyers on the electoral role and the other two are Lockyer by Marriage.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 May 2014 12:23

As someone who isn't too far off 78, I resent the implications in your original post

I don't, however, understand why you are looking for her under her maiden name if she is known to have married

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 May 2014 12:25

If she has any sense, and a phone with caller display, she won't answer a call from a number she doesn't recognise

And if she's ex-directory........you have NO WAY of getting her number

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 12:43

Reggie, My apologies, I in no way meant any implication or to insult anybody I merely was speculating that I have never met my aunt and I do not know whether she has bad eyesight , bad memory.. etc I really Meant no upset I am just eager to talk with this Lady and make sure she receives my call or letter. I really am desperate, it has been a long search, so sorry again.

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 12:44

Reggie please read my reply to Helen, this will explain why I think she may have gone back to her maiden name :)

Sirius

Sirius Report 29 May 2014 13:15

Please do not ring, if anyone were to ring me saying they were my long lost anything I would automatically think it was someone cold calling in yet another attempt to fleece me.

A letter can be read and re-read, facts checked without having to 'think on your feet' and answered in your own time, if she has really bad siight problems she will almost certainly have some help anyway who could read a letter to her. Put your phone number in it and then if she is comfortable with using the phone she can call you.

oh and put in a self addressed envelope and tell her she can call reverse charges.

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 13:19

Hello Sinus, Thank you for replying as I have just read your reply I have just written a letter :) I hope she is the lady I am looking for :)

Island

Island Report 29 May 2014 13:29

Genevieve. Stop making up excuses and just WRITE!

I am way off your aunts age but would not welcome a phone call out of the blue.

edit. oops! I was distracted between typing and submitting.

I'm glad you have decide to write :-D

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 13:43

Ha ha! YEp all done, going to take to post office box later :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 29 May 2014 13:49

Good luck with it Genevieve :-)

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 29 May 2014 14:04

Thanks Sirius!! Sorry just realised, I thought it said Sinus before!! haha :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 29 May 2014 14:13

:-)

Petef

Petef Report 29 May 2014 15:41

Are you sure your Aunt or her family wont mind reading about her personal

issues on the Internet? She only has to enter her name now and again, as

many people do, then up will come this Thread!

Peter