Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher L Hassett

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 5 Jul 2014 13:00

Hi,

I'm trying to find my father Christopher Hassett. I think his middle name is Leonard. I was born in 1983 and have found my record on here with him listed as my father. I've found a record of him born in Ealing in 1955 to Stanley L Hassett and Phyllis Hassett (maiden name Overy), and know that he married a Mary Tobin in Sutton in 1990.
I've tried all the usual places like 192.com, Facebook etc but so far I've found nothing - other than a wild goose chase involving a Brian Hassett who married a Martina Tobin!

I would really appreciate any help that anyone on here could give me, I'll check this regularly and if there are any details I've left out please just ask!

Thank you so much in advance!

:-)

Sirius

Sirius Report 5 Jul 2014 13:16

If you haven't already looked, Christopher appears to have siblings Gary and Julie ( see Freebmd Hassett/Overy births)

Julie appears to have married to Stephen J Robertson, so not an easy name to trace, I would consider trying some of the Gary Hassetts listed on 192.com ( no middle initial on birth reg so eliminates some)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2014 13:28

looks like Stanley remarried in 1996 to a Margaret Moyce

and phyllis remaried in 1981 to a Joseph F Duffy

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 13:29

Julie Overy has Julie Hassett, 1958, Hammersmith, in her tree on here.

Have you tried to make contact?

Sirius

Sirius Report 5 Jul 2014 13:30

btw if you look on Ancestry for Julie's birth she has been mistranscribed as Hussett , Gary's birth does not appear to be on there?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2014 13:32

Stanley was in Ruislip in 2002 may have opted out after that will PM the address

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 14:12

Margaret Hassett formerly Moyce died in 2009,

http://www.bmdsonline.co.uk/2194038?s_source=tmso_bmd

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 5 Jul 2014 14:56

Thank you so much everyone! I've contacted Julie Overy, I'm currently trying to find Gary Hassett on Facebook and now I have a contact address for Stanley Hassett - it really feels like I'm starting to get somewhere now!

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 15:30

I do not think that Stanley is still living at that address (different people on ER for 2011)
and he is not mentioned on that death notice.

Do you know what country Stanley was born in, and when, you might need the original marriage certificate?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2014 16:59

from reading that obit it would seem that Stanley may have predeased her

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 17:23

Shirley,

I got that impression.

Only, I cannot see a death, unless not showing on iannounce?

Presumably the children are from her first marriage?

This could be her birth:
Births Sep 1929
Boyd Margaret W Jaggers Kensington 1a 225
(or possibly Scottish or Irish)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jul 2014 17:30

he was living with her in 2002 at the same address in Ruislip

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 5 Jul 2014 20:40

2 marriages found on Ancestry for Christopher L Hassett

1st Susan L Thomson June 1979 Hillingdon

2nd Mary M Tobin Feb.1990 Sutton Surrey

Not found any Thomson births other than couple deaths as babies and no mother name mentioned on the death

Thomsons and Hassetts seemed to like one another as there a number of marriages between them.

Best Wishes

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2014 22:24

Alexandra,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:

" have found my record on here with him listed as my father".

Only your birth certificate would list this and his middle name should also be mentioned.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2014 23:11

Phyllis had a LOT of siblings. Someone called David has them listed on here. You might try contacting him. He has Phyllis spelt as Phyliss.

Rose

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 5 Jul 2014 23:55

Thanks again everyone!

Patchem and Shirley - yes I also noticed that Stanley isn't listed on the obituary, sadly.

Autumnleaves - I've found those marriages. I did think that the Thomson marriage would yield a half sibling, as I have a memory of an older boy visiting who called my father 'dad', but no joy thus far!

Rose - Thank you, I'll research Phylis' siblings! I meant that on here my birth is listed with his surname, sorry that I wasn't clear. I remember seeing my birth certificate, and his name was listed as Christopher Leonard.

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 6 Jul 2014 02:08

Does this Chris Hassett look familiar by any chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEWJZenBPM

jax

jax Report 6 Jul 2014 03:15

Looks like that Chris is American and is one of 5 brothers Autumnleaves

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 6 Jul 2014 09:14

Haha no Autumnleaves, that Chris Hassett is the bane of my life - I'm constantly coming across him online!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Jul 2014 11:11

Will PM an address for Stanley's brother Brian.

Rose